Fifa 23

Defending seems solid this year. Create plenty but computer always seems to get chances.
At least it’s not just me. I’m about 30 games in with SAFC on career mode and managed about 4 clean sheets. Scored and conceded the most in the league. I can be completely cruising 2 up with 10 minutes left and suddenly it’s 2-2 :lol: . Still sat in the play offs like but it’s annoying as fuck.

Can barely buy a win atm in div 7. Constantly slipping Rashford in but he immediately gets caught by whatever CB the other guy has. Most players feel dead rigid, they have turning squares never mind circles. I've no idea how good I am atm, its maybe I'm just stuck in with a lot of top players and I need a week or so for them to move up. Fun but frustrating, feel it needs tweaking ever so slightly, general core gameplay seems good.

Last edited:
Picked this up earlier, haven't played a FIFA game since about 2014 - Obviously the first thing I did is make myself a pro with the lads :lol:

There seems to be no real pace in the game, need to learn how to play before I even think about venturing online

Whats the best formation for fun and attacking footy then? I've hardly played online but this weekend I'll be having a bash so will be building my team from today.

Whats the best formation for fun and attacking footy then? I've hardly played online but this weekend I'll be having a bash so will be building my team from today.

I've been playing a 5 4 1 but it actually gets the wingers and wing backs quite high up the pitch

Not a popular or fashionable formation, but enjoying 442 this year on FUT.

Got Rodri and Henderson in midfield and they boss it, physical players that can still pass etc

What’s this game like? Worth picking up?

Baring in mind I havnt played a fifa game for about 5 years. However when ultimate team first came out I was probably one of the best fifa players in the world used to hammer it.

I don’t want to be disappointed I’m probably a lot slower and shitter than I used to be :lol:

What’s this game like? Worth picking up?

Baring in mind I havnt played a fifa game for about 5 years. However when ultimate team first came out I was probably one of the best fifa players in the world used to hammer it.

I don’t want to be disappointed I’m probably a lot slower and shitter than I used to be :lol:
If you like arguing with the Mrs. every night, raging about everything and smashing stuff, then yes its the best game ever.

Three at the back is always a laugh. I can’t defend anyway so just overload the opposition with strikers and wingers.

Might start a lads career mode tonight and give FUT a break.
Thought I would do a random Championship team by closing my eyes and flicking through and stopping in the end. Laneded on Birmingham. :rolleyes:

Didnt wanna shirk it like so went with it. Had 18 million to spend (Not realistic) Objective wise had to sign two U20 players so picked up a good potential kid from switzerland, Rieder I think his name was and some young Rennes forward.

Then had to replace 2 first team players with 2 senior players coming with a better overall rating. Got rid of Gary Gardner and Neil Etheridge and managed to sign Wes Foderingham and Gustavo Hamer, both higher rated. Hamer cost me 6m + though!

Results so far:

Brum 0-1 Sheff Utd
QPR 1-2 Brum
Forest Green 4-6 Brum (Carabao) :lol:

Rested the first 11 for the cup game, the defending is difficult I am finding like! Going forward I am canny though. Enjoying it.

Anyone got other solutions to the First XI Hybrid Leagues SBC other than Argentina?

I can wait it out for prices to drop but still seems a bit expensive

Back