Fifa 19 UT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got any defending tips to help me out? I am forever getting muscled off the ball or even worse body checked without getting a free kick, whereas I seem to be giving free kicks away for nothing. Also when I am through with my wingers the opposition full backs steam through them from behind and take the ball whilst at the other end their winger will shrug off my full back and run clear.

Any help appreciated as it is starting to really irritate. Shielding the ball seems to have no impact on this happening either.
Think that's just the game mate:neutral: although I'm also shit at defending. The amount of fouls I give away not even touching the controller is ridiculous :mad::lol:

We've all mentioned that pace isn't as important in this version, but I think they may have gone a bit far. I have Mbappe on the wing but I also have to check back as ful backs just catch him, no matter who they are

Think that's just the game mate:neutral: although I'm also shit at defending. The amount of fouls I give away not even touching the controller is ridiculous :mad::lol:

We've all mentioned that pace isn't as important in this version, but I think they may have gone a bit far. I have Mbappe on the wing but I also have to check back as ful backs just catch him, no matter who they are
You may be right, I have 4 or 5 wingers with pace in the 90s and none of them can outrun the likes of Kolarov!

. Shielding the ball seems to have no impact on this happening either.

Well firstly, make sure your back is actually turned to the defender. If you're showing the ball and you're shielding, you're shielding fresh air.
Tackling isn't something you keep pressing, it's something which has to be timed because the player becomes unresponsive until the tackling animation has finished.

Saying Pace isn't needed this year is a silly statement to make, Pace is for beating full backs with double tap sprinting knocking the ball ahead of you (wingers are generally faster than full backs, don't do it when the full back is on your tail however he'll just drag you back and slow you down) and getting into position, getting from A to B.

Besides you shouldn't be really looking at the base stats of a card, 89 pace doesn't mean he's gonna be fast. It's how the 2 running stats are distributed what matters most.
People really underlook the importance of stats such as Balance and Reactions, someone with low balance will always have his arse on the floor after a little shove, someone with low reactions will always be slow to turn around or be last to a loose ball.

It's why that Halloween Bas Dost card is one of the best in the game right now for a mere 15k coins, almost perfect stat distribution across the board.

Well firstly, make sure your back is actually turned to the defender. If you're showing the ball and you're shielding, you're shielding fresh air.
Tackling isn't something you keep pressing, it's something which has to be timed because the player becomes unresponsive until the tackling animation has finished.

Saying Pace isn't needed this year is a silly statement to make, Pace is for beating full backs with double tap sprinting knocking the ball ahead of you (wingers are generally faster than full backs, don't do it when the full back is on your tail however he'll just drag you back and slow you down) and getting into position, getting from A to B.

Besides you shouldn't be really looking at the base stats of a card, 89 pace doesn't mean he's gonna be fast. It's how the 2 running stats are distributed what matters most.
People really underlook the importance of stats such as Balance and Reactions, someone with low balance will always have his arse on the floor after a little shove, someone with low reactions will always be slow to turn around or be last to a loose ball.

It's why that Halloween Bas Dost card is one of the best in the game right now for a mere 15k coins, almost perfect stat distribution across the board.

Seen loads banging on about Pogba and how great he is. Played 10 games with him at CAM, 1 goal, 3 assists. Always seemed to get bumped off the ball really easily.

Had a look and he’s got 64 balance!! That’s bronze quality balance. Sold him and got De Bruyne in instead.

Seen loads banging on about Pogba and how great he is. Played 10 games with him at CAM, 1 goal, 3 assists. Always seemed to get bumped off the ball really easily.

Had a look and he’s got 64 balance!! That’s bronze quality balance. Sold him and got De Bruyne in instead.

Honestly not looked at EPL players yet. Too invested in my Bundesliga atm
Know from experience playing against Lacazette, Firmino and Alisson are the goto people however

Honestly not looked at EPL players yet. Too invested in my Bundesliga atm
Know from experience playing against Lacazette, Firmino and Alisson are the goto people however

I've got a Bunesliga/PL hybrid. There's no decent CAMs in the bundesliga that I have enjoyed using other than POTM Reus who is now playing up front. I've tried a few, IF Sabitzer, James Rodriguez, Thiago and they are all too small/weak.

I'd go full PL but POTM Reus is great, and Lewandowski is my favourite striker on the game.

Currently got

Ederson

Walker
UCL Bailly
Azpi
Alaba

Kante

Tolisso
Gundogan

De Bruyne

Lewandowski
POTM Reus

Just seen that flashback Gotze sbc. Might give that a go if it’s about 100k

Last edited:
I've got a Bunesliga/PL hybrid. There's no decent CAMs in the bundesliga that I have enjoyed using other than POTM Reus who is now playing up front. I've tried a few, IF Sabitzer, James Rodriguez, Thiago and they are all too small/weak.

I'd go full PL but POTM Reus is great, and Lewandowski is my favourite striker on the game.

Currently got

Ederson

Walker
UCL Bailly
Azpi
Alaba

Kante

Tolisso
Gundogan

De Bruyne

Lewandowski
POTM Reus

Just seen that flashback Gotze sbc. Might give that a go if it’s about 100k

A reckon IF Sabitzer is better than Tolisso, very well rounded card.

Flashback Gotze probably doesn’t have a place in your side, he’s like a shitter cheaper version of Potm Reus

Just did Gotze. Nowt in packs. Didn't cost that much as I bought loads of 83 rated players for 750 coins when the last promo was on.

I did it and got IF Casillas in the Mega Pack, which made the second part cost nowt. Got nowt in that pack like.

He’s been decent for me, loads better the pogba. Only gripe I have with him, is his shot power and long shots are a bit low for a CAM.

I did it and got IF Casillas in the Mega Pack, which made the second part cost nowt. Got nowt in that pack like.

He’s been decent for me, loads better the pogba. Only gripe I have with him, is his shot power and long shots are a bit low for a CAM.

I am looking at what Chem is best. Maybe deadeye or maestro ? They need boosting more than pace IMO

I am looking at what Chem is best. Maybe deadeye or maestro ? They need boosting more than pace IMO

I’ve gone with Marksman. Pushes up the physicals a bit, tops out the dribbling stats and gives a decent bump to his long shots. Think a Maestro would work well too.

He’s got 86 acceleration, so doesn’t need anymore pace unless you were playing him at striker.

Bastard sick of getting nowt in SBC packs, did a couple of started challenged in icon ones costing me tens of thousands and had shite all.

Got it up and running. Decided to wax all of my coins on Paul Pogba. Played 3 games with him now and I’m not sure he’s worth it. Will stick with him for the next 10 but he doesn’t feel like a 460k player.
I’ve played with him online as France and wasn’t that impressed like tbh

Totally agree with the pace thing, it’s went from one extreme to the other.

Last edited:
Been playing around with positioning this version. Got Dele Alli as a ST,and aint bad. TOTW Arnautovic as CM is pretty awesome.

I did that quite a bit a couple of FIFAs ago, I always like a converted striker in CAM role, Balotelli and Rooney did well there.

I’ve got IF Arnautovic as striker st the minute but you’ve given me an idea....

Been playing around with positioning this version. Got Dele Alli as a ST,and aint bad. TOTW Arnautovic as CM is pretty awesome.
I can't get away with players too out of position to reality, aye I converted Lala from rwb to RB, but when I see people playing Ronaldo or Lacazete at CDM, I just couldn't do it:lol::oops:

Got nowt spectacular from SB rewards today. Scrinar and veratti which could sell for 25k in total....But at that price probs not worth selling

Played four lost four today. Four teams with vastly superior teams feel like I’m being punished by ea at the minute.
Plus got sent off for a good tackle in the 5th minute.
Cheesing me off

Finally a breakthrough on pack luck: pulled Mbappe from a Jumbo Premium Gold pack. Listed him straight away and will double my coin total with one sale!!

Will keep my coins for a few weeks and see if this fabled Black Friday crash happens so I can try and pick up a decent icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back