Fifa 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to understand how they've made the game so much worse. 13 was far from perfect but it was a pretty decent football game. Surely it can't just be me that thinks 14 is an absolute joke?[DOUBLEPOST=1386093841][/DOUBLEPOST]

Makes even less sense as to why 14 on 360 plays the way it does then.

The problems from previous versions of FIFA on 14 seem to have got worse on 360. Every chipped through ball goes through, players pass to the wrong person and keepers are so bad it is laughable. Make the ones on 13 look world class and they were awful.

The problems from previous versions of FIFA on 14 seem to have got worse on 360. Every chipped through ball goes through, players pass to the wrong person and keepers are so bad it is laughable. Make the ones on 13 look world class and they were awful.

I've noticed the passing on the ground is incredibly vague, almost like pot luck. Sometimes you have a simple 5 yard pass to play, tap the button and your player attempts to splat a 30 yard pass forward. Then sometimes when you want a long pass it either goes short or its passed so slow that its easy to cut out. Theres no differentiation of pace between players either, I bet Messi would struggle to take the ball past Mertesacker! I'm not sure there is any interpretation of agility at all, every player has a stopping distance and turning circle of a cruise ship!

I've played as Barca and I've played as Barnsley and there feels like very little difference between the two. Its so slow and clunky its impossible to come forward with any momentum and sustain that. I doubt i'll bother with it any more unless its severely patched. Not holding my breath on that one.

I've noticed the passing on the ground is incredibly vague, almost like pot luck. Sometimes you have a simple 5 yard pass to play, tap the button and your player attempts to splat a 30 yard pass forward. Then sometimes when you want a long pass it either goes short or its passed so slow that its easy to cut out. Theres no differentiation of pace between players either, I bet Messi would struggle to take the ball past Mertesacker! I'm not sure there is any interpretation of agility at all, every player has a stopping distance and turning circle of a cruise ship!

I've played as Barca and I've played as Barnsley and there feels like very little difference between the two. Its so slow and clunky its impossible to come forward with any momentum and sustain that. I doubt i'll bother with it any more unless its severely patched. Not holding my breath on that one.
^ this 100% is why I sold mine a few weeks ago. I tried the pes 14 demo at the weekend and enjoyed it, so I bought it on amazon for £20. I only turned to FIFA when pro evo went shit. So it's nice that I started this gen with pes and I'll be ending it with pes.

^ this 100% is why I sold mine a few weeks ago. I tried the pes 14 demo at the weekend and enjoyed it, so I bought it on amazon for £20. I only turned to FIFA when pro evo went shit. So it's nice that I started this gen with pes and I'll be ending it with pes.

PES isn't any fun at all.

I'm enjoying FIFA, passing is fine, I have no problems with that. Skilful players are clearly better than anyone else, have a try of Ben Afra or Taraabt. Pace isn't as dominant as last year, in fact it'd be nearly totally nerfed if throughballs weren't pin point accurate every time.

It has it's flaws but it's more enjoyable than 13 which was literally based around pace and nothing else mattered.

I'm enjoying FIFA, passing is fine, I have no problems with that. Skilful players are clearly better than anyone else, have a try of Ben Afra or Taraabt. Pace isn't as dominant as last year, in fact it'd be nearly totally nerfed if throughballs weren't pin point accurate every time.

It has it's flaws but it's more enjoyable than 13 which was literally based around pace and nothing else mattered.
I mainly play seasons using the lads and it was a chore! Couldn't get higher than div 7 when on 13 I got to div 1. Tried a couple of ultimate team games and all that happened was lobbed through balls galour. Pes will do me for a few games on a weekend until I get a next gen machine..

I'm far from a pace whore but they've completely fucked my style of play. I'm all about sustaining momentum with attack after attack and scoring more than the opposition. I'm struggling to attack at all its totally stupid. Sorry like but its impossible to even go past a player, not at all realistic.

I'm far from a pace whore but they've completely fucked my style of play. I'm all about sustaining momentum with attack after attack and scoring more than the opposition. I'm struggling to attack at all its totally stupid. Sorry like but its impossible to even go past a player, not at all realistic.

same here.

i tend to build up my attacks but you run slower with the ball when you hold sprint than you do without holding it :lol: it's also bollocks how you can't push the ball in front of you while you hold sprint

i stopped playing it about a month back as it's so bad and just sold it to amazon for £15 and £22 off the ps4 version. watch that be just as bad

I'm certainly not liking the new controls, I was a 92 CAM on Fifa 13 pro clubs and got to Div 1 I'm currently a 86 CAM and the controls are all different, feels like a lump of lead running around the pitch. I think they ruined it myself but that just me maybe in a month or 2 I may see it different but at the minute the passing is off, shooting is to easy for goals and they seem to get past the defense to easy.

Shocking game.

The season mode is unbearable. Press right to go along the menu and it moves twice. Every time on mine :lol:

Signing a player - :lol::lol: Laughable

Thats good to hear. Any major differences or is it just the general game?
Graphics loads better, and just the gameplay in general seems better to me, was surprised by it, I wasn't going to buy it for next-gen but played the demo and ordered it the next day, really enjoying it

I played FIFA 13 for the first time since 14 came out today. Reaffirmed that it's not just a case of getting used to the new version (as has been the case in previous seasons), but FIFA 13 is a FAR more superior (and more importantly, fun) game to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back