FFVII - Part 2 Rebirth

I’m only up to wall market, gone from hating it the first time I tried the game to loving it now.

The house boss was a right pain in the arse

Reviews are looking great. Only behind 9 on metacritic as far as I can tell.

Still struggling with the pro pull-ups but finally killed Bahamut after he had his way with me a dozen times.
The house boss was a right pain in the arse

Not a fun fight. Wouldn't call it hard on normal mode, just really grindy. Staggering is a pain, all takes to long.

Last edited:
Still loving remake. Just got out of the secret underground lab after the plate comes down.

At this rate I’ll end up getting rebirth on release. I had no interest up until a few weeks ago.

I hate Square

Why did they say you skip the first chapter but make you still play most of it, especially the annoying part where you can only walk at 0.5mph with Cloud?

Whey I smashed 9 hours out yesterday, half way through chapter 3, thoughts without story spoilers so far.

The towns are great, I just walked around Kalm for ages comparing it with the PS1 version in my head. The map is great to look at as well, graphically I have very little complaints.

Love how they’ve fleshed out the story a little bit, the hotel owner for instance. Initial mini games seem pretty fun too, Queens Blood anyone?

The travelling on the world map is a bit tedious imo, I don’t think the ‘hold down sprint & you’ll automatically climb stuff’ really works, it’s very clunky, especially when sprinting with a chocobo. Whereas I like the idea of collecting stuff on the world map I think it could have been implemented better. You can only hold 99 of an item so lots of stuff quickly becomes obsolete until you craft something.

All this piffle you’ve got to do for Chadder‘s is very reminiscent of Horizon Zero Dawn, don’t mind the fights, but all of these fetch & receive or fetch & get a boost things are a bit meh. Did all the grasslands ones & can’t imagine doing that loads more times being very fun. Luckily you can dive back into the main story for a bit if the death by side quest becomes too much.

The character interactions are good though, like how they get involved a bit & hoy their opinions about when sidequests are developing. The synergy stuff is great, really enjoy that mechanic & the old sphere grid way of levelling works for me. Combat has been tweaked for the better I think. Love using Red in vengeance mode.

All in all I’m really enjoying it, it’s not perfect but what is? Solid 8/10 so far.

Finished the Yuffie Intergrade last night. Was disappointed it ended so soon as I was really enjoying it.

Played a couple of hours on Rebirth tonight and I'm impressed so far. Negatives are the pointlessly clunky nature of climbing and the annoying trade off when choosing between graphics/ performance mode.

Finished the Yuffie Intergrade last night. Was disappointed it ended so soon as I was really enjoying it.

Played a couple of hours on Rebirth tonight and I'm impressed so far. Negatives are the pointlessly clunky nature of climbing and the annoying trade off when choosing between graphics/ performance mode.
My negative is going from having 9999HP, six maxed out swords, and shit tons of maxed out materia to being a bitch again. :lol:

Played through Nebelheim, played some queen's blood, got to a chocobo farm. Enjoying it so far.

My negative is going from having 9999HP, six maxed out swords, and shit tons of maxed out materia to being a bitch again. :lol:

Played through Nebelheim, played some queen's blood, got to a chocobo farm. Enjoying it so far.
Haha. Aye. I maxed out absolutely everything on remake. Levelling up is going to be slow on this I think. I'm still in Nibelheim. Going to have a couple of hours on it now.

Finished the remake. Once I got my head around the ending and stopped comparing it to the original I realised i liked it.

I read a lot about people hating the Hojo bit but I didn’t mind it.

I bought Rebirth and saved it off after Nibelheim. Can’t wait to have a good session on it.

Back