FFVII - Part 2 Rebirth

The Yuffie episode is pretty good. I thought they'd nerf her a little bit because she's crazily overpowered but from recent press it doesnt look like they have. She's going to be in a lot of people's parties i reckon
Another state of play on Wednesday 31st. Anniversary of the release of the original. Hopefully the final trailer and a demo
That's good, not played the DLC yet. Yuffie wasn't exactly an MVP in the original.

Doing a better job of customising my characters this time round, Tifa is a f***ing beast.

That's good, not played the DLC yet. Yuffie wasn't exactly an MVP in the original.

Doing a better job of customising my characters this time round, Tifa is a f***ing beast.

Nearly through my replay in anticipation, then should have time to do the DLC for the first time.

Fuming as wanted to do all the battle intel reports but accidentally sold the subversion materia.

Nearly through my replay in anticipation, then should have time to do the DLC for the first time.

Fuming as wanted to do all the battle intel reports but accidentally sold the subversion materia.

Aye I'd prefer more traditional combat but other than that and how long the Shinra building bit goes on at the end I really liked it. I've still got the Yuffie episode to play like.
best get that dlc started quick. Demo comes out tonight!

Last edited:
Put it on download via the app. Will hopefully get a blast tomorrow

Nibelheim and Junon playable. Junon section being released on 21st. Apparently playing the flashback will allow it to be skipped in the full game.
Played about an hour this morning. Looks outstanding, feels a bit weightier.

Hype is overloading.

Last edited:
Finished the demo. Really enjoyed it.

Enjoyed the inclusion of the Materia Keeper, playing as Sephiroth was also class as expected.

Ended sooner than I thought so wonder if it is being saved for the full release.

Didn’t like the lift in the Shinra Manor! Where’s me winding stairs ffs!

Finished the demo. Really enjoyed it.

Enjoyed the inclusion of the Materia Keeper, playing as Sephiroth was also class as expected.

Ended sooner than I thought so wonder if it is being saved for the full release.

Didn’t like the lift in the Shinra Manor! Where’s me winding stairs ffs!
Overall I thought it was well done. Cloud's combat feels better, Sephiroth gameplay was amazing. Getting called an asshole by Tifa and Aerith when I tried to sniff her knickers made me laugh.

I'm fucked if theres a trophy for the Piano stuff.

The bad stuff...

Agreed on the mansion design. Other places you go on auto pilot. You recognise cloud's house, tifa's house and you know where to go to find the piano etc.

I don't think the dialogue of Sephiroth's mental break was as good as OG and actually think this is one scene where the soundtrack in OG was better.

They still havent got rid of the forced slow walks and crawls. The vacuums were annoying. The turning of the valve was ridiculous. The part where you're crawling and the villagers just stand still waiting for sephiroth to kill them was painful. Controller died in that part so they just stood there waiting for death. Should have just been a cut scene.

HOLLLYYYSSSHHHITTTT

TAKE MY MONEY!

Demo out now 55gig ish.

I really don't like that version of One Winged Angel - it's just... meh. I may be slightly biased since I've seen a fair few Distant Worlds concerts so I've seen an awful lot of One Winged Angel versions but I would have expected a lot more from it than that.

After seeing the temple of the ancients in the new trailer I decided to give the remake another try.

I couldn’t get past the combat change the first time but after giving it a chance I’m enjoying it.

After seeing the temple of the ancients in the new trailer I decided to give the remake another try.

I couldn’t get past the combat change the first time but after giving it a chance I’m enjoying it.
Same thing happened to me, really enjoying this play through. Enjoyed the story beats and world but wasn't a fan of the combat the first time round.

Would still prefer the remake had the ATB system but I'm not longer sour about it.

Same thing happened to me, really enjoying this play through. Enjoyed the story beats and world but wasn't a fan of the combat the first time round.

Would still prefer the remake had the ATB system but I'm not longer sour about it.
I didn’t give it a fair crack last time. I think it’s because I didn’t try it until it was free on psn.

FML. On Chapter 14, level 50, load of max materia.

Bahamut keeps wrecking my shit.

Also the pro-pullup challenge has me wanting to headbutt a wall. No chance I'm getting the plat when it comes to the Hard Mode bosses.

Back