FFVII - Part 2 Rebirth

rockaway

Striker
Looks good, more of the same as part 1 with a bit more freedom, don’t think it’ll be open world though.

2 discs, character combos, seems to me like we’ll have a time line paradox. One set trying to get the timeline back to OG FFVII, then the other playing this new version of the timeline after polishing off the Whisper spirit thingys.

I’ll be getting it regardless, but the trailer has got me fairly hyped.

i didnt play the first remake, so excuse my ignorance, but they havnt changed the story have they? Because that would be mental in my eyes, FF7 had possibly one of the greatest stories in gaming.

i didnt play the first remake, so excuse my ignorance, but they havnt changed the story have they? Because that would be mental in my eyes, FF7 had possibly one of the greatest stories in gaming.

They have opened it up in a big way.

I’ll stick it in spoilers in case you choose to play.

They basically break fate at the end of Remake, allowing them to do whatever they want going forward. The new trailer follows suit from the Remake one in that it shows you all the places from OG without the twists.

A theory is that Sephiroth is the version from Advent Children is the baddy in this and is aware of what happened in OG FF7 and is looking to change things to win. Aerith also appears to know this.

There’s also some sort of multiverse thing as Zack is now alive but unsure what that does to the story
I can’t help but think that probably the most iconic death scene in all games I have played will be no longer and in this “timeline” she will survive by the whispers

There putting all their eggs in the Tifa basket imo.

I haven’t played intermission like, will probs get a PS5 next week since all my pals are wanting to play pro clubs on the new fifa that’s not fifa.

But yes, that preview is fantastic, can see the level cap being a bit of a bore, and it being a bit easy. But will enjoy the journey regardless

Can't wait. Played to first part through twice. Enjoyed it more the second time I think. The Shinra building was a bit of a chore. I still need to play the Intermission though.

Decided to replay remake before rebirth releases. Never really clicked with me on the ps4....yeah, I didn't realise blocking was a thing. Battle system feels a lot better this run through.

I enjoyed it more second play through as well.

It's the battle system that bothered me, I love old style turn based combat. The game is gorgeous, the story changes have me invested in where it's going while being very familiar.

I wish it had a mode where you could play with the old ATB system, classic is not that, but it's starting to click with me this time round

It's the battle system that bothered me, I love old style turn based combat. The game is gorgeous, the story changes have me invested in where it's going while being very familiar.

I wish it had a mode where you could play with the old ATB system, classic is not that, but it's starting to click with me this time round
Aye I'd prefer more traditional combat but other than that and how long the Shinra building bit goes on at the end I really liked it. I've still got the Yuffie episode to play like.

Aye I'd prefer more traditional combat but other than that and how long the Shinra building bit goes on at the end I really liked it. I've still got the Yuffie episode to play like.
The Yuffie episode is pretty good. I thought they'd nerf her a little bit because she's crazily overpowered but from recent press it doesnt look like they have. She's going to be in a lot of people's parties i reckon
Another state of play on Wednesday 31st. Anniversary of the release of the original. Hopefully the final trailer and a demo

Last edited:

Back