FFVII - Part 2 Rebirth

Took me a few fuckups to get my head around it. Glad you can just restart a match.
I struggled with getting the balance right between low scoring tier 1 cards & the tier 2 cards and above. Once you buy a few at the shops & win a few it gets easier. The Fort Condor on hard mode took me a few tries mind.

I struggled with getting the balance right between low scoring tier 1 cards & the tier 2 cards and above. Once you buy a few at the shops & win a few it gets easier. The Fort Condor on hard mode took me a few tries mind.
Not that far yet. Milked the grasslands for all they were worth and I'm currently in the mines.

Anyway, irritations so far:

- Kept looking for ways to upgrade my weapons like in Remake on the weapons upgrade screen. That's not a thing now, it's automatic. That screen shouldn't be called weapon upgrades, that screen shouldn't exist, it should just be on materia and equipment.

- took me ages to figure out how to change my party, there's a menu option called "party" but that's not the place to change your f***ing party.

- why the fuck is the item cap 99 in a game where you need materials to craft? Barely scratched the surface of transmutation and I have 99 of common items that I can't use because I don't have other required materials.

- Climbing looks and feels shit. Could have done some PS3 era AC shit.

Goofy shit I like so far:

- Climbing as Barrett: this mother fucker gave me anxiety when he was climbing ladders, now he's scaling cliffs one handed.

-Red riding a Chocobo just tickles me. I'm my head cannon he just ran alongside, nah, he rides like he's human.
No. I was about 200M away from the chocobo farm when our lass called me a spenk and I had to turn it off.
Only been with my lass 19 years. FF7 has seniority.

Last edited:

Anyway, irritations so far:

- Kept looking for ways to upgrade my weapons like in Remake on the weapons upgrade screen. That's not a thing now, it's automatic. That screen shouldn't be called weapon upgrades, that screen shouldn't exist, it should just be on materia and equipment.

- took me ages to figure out how to change my party, there's a menu option called "party" but that's not the place to change your f***ing party.

- why the fuck is the item cap 99 in a game where you need materials to craft? Barely scratched the surface of transmutation and I have 99 of common items that I can't use because I don't have other required materials.

- Climbing looks and feels shit. Could have done some PS3 era AC shit.

Goofy shit I like so far:

- Climbing as Barrett: this mother fucker gave me anxiety when he was climbing ladders, now he's scaling cliffs one handed.

-Red riding a Chocobo just tickles me. I'm my head cannon he just ran alongside, nah, he rides like he's human.

Only been with my lass 19 years. FF7 has seniority.
My ex girlfriend from when I was a teenager is now one of our lasses best friends and we used to be final fantasy spenks together. Makes for awkward moments when we talk about it.

I’m 30h in, starting chapter 7 or 8 I think.

I think it’s great tbh, the character/party development is really cool. I just love how they’ve fleshed the story out & you can kinda understand how each character is feeling about the situation.

Agree with the weapon screen, but it doesn’t bother me, I managed to switch my party fine… no issues. Might be a user input problem 👀 the crafting is pointless imo. Just gives you something to do when travelling, collect resources. Seems like a mechanic they had available so just hoyed it in.

World map is clunky as owt I concur, it’s stunning at times but feels very clunky.

Combat is great, they’ve just gave it the right tweaks to make it better. I’m still not sure how to fight flying stuff mind, sometimes he’ll do his blade beam other times he’ll just stand about sweeping the ground. Synergies are OP & pretty slick.

Everything I hoped it would be on the whole

I’m only just out of the grasslands but I’m enjoying it.

I think I burnt myself out a bit by playing through remake before and then jumping straight in.

Clearing the map takes ages but I did enjoy the fort condor mini game bit.

Back