FF7 Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

I will be starting the game today. Is it worth grinding at all mate or should I not bother?

Make sure you level up as much of your green magic Materia as you can, as early as you can. Even if the stuff doesn’t suit your battling style and thank iz later. Doubt you’d need to grind too much.
On to Chapter 17, think I have gone past the point where I can complete all of Chadley’s shite and get the rewards.

Fuming that Red XIII is a guest character ffs - not sure why they have changed so much of the plot in the Shinra Building either

Last edited:
Make sure you level up as much of your green magic Materia as you can, as early as you can. Even if the stuff doesn’t suit your battling style and thank iz later. Doubt you’d need to grind too much.
On to Chapter 17, think I have gone past the point where I can complete all of Chadley’s shite and get the rewards.

Fuming that Red XIII is a guest character ffs - not sure why they have changed so much of the plot in the Shinra Building either
You’ll love the ending. Be prepared to be wounded.

:cry:

It’s a shame as I was buzzing for the Shinra Building after how well they’d done with the other original story parts, couldn’t even flush the bog before going in the vents ffs.
It’s pretty much downhill from the moment you enter with a slight bump back up when red appears but there’s a sheer cliff face immediately after :lol:

Can’t believe you can control him - just don’t understand why I’m not doing the arrest stuff and then following the blood trail. How can you get better than that?
I do kind of get why they didn’t want to introduce a fifth combat style with only a few battles left to be fair.

the changes they've made in that chapter are all for the worse though.

I do kind of get why they didn’t want to introduce a fifth combat style with only a few battles left to be fair.

It's a disaster from Shinra on. All the after game content is VR battles as well, how much does that detract from the monumental existence of late game stuff like the Weapons in the original? This remake has sucked so much of the life out of the original, from locales, to summons, to optional battles. The more I mull over it, the less I like it. I worried they would fail and I honestly think they have by making the game incredibly sterile and less impactful.

Aye fair one - seems that way.

I get what they’re trying to do with Sephiroth etc. as it was a bit confusing in the original but I don’t like where it is going.

Just bought the original for PS4. Decided to play through that before the remake after taking advice from some reviewers.

Aye fair one - seems that way.

I get what they’re trying to do with Sephiroth etc. as it was a bit confusing in the original but I don’t like where it is going.

Just in the middle of fighting Rufus - pleased that they made it clear that Sephiroth didn’t kill Shinra and that it was Jenova (or a failed clone in this case. Not sure about all the theatrics around it though. Glad I got to follow the blood trail and at least Hojo is as noncey as I expected
@Lexingtongue @The Beautiful Game

Doing Chapter 18 - what the Santa Claus shit is going on here. Something straight out of KH3, even looks like the big Heartless. Thought it was going “ok” with Rufus/Armoured Gunner/Motorball, but this is unnecessary mess. Why did we randomly see Zack as well? Be fuming if he’s alive or some shite

Last edited:
Just in the middle of fighting Rufus - pleased that they made it clear that Sephiroth didn’t kill Shinra and that it was Jenova (or a failed clone in this case. Not sure about all the theatrics around it though. Glad I got to follow the blood trail and at least Hojo is as noncey as I expected
@Lexingtongue @The Beautiful Game

Doing Chapter 18 - what the Santa Claus shit is going on here. Something straight out of KH3, even looks like the big Heartless. Thought it was going “ok” with Rufus/Armoured Gunner/Motorball, but this is unnecessary mess. Why did we randomly see Zack as well? Be fuming if he’s alive or some shite
Mate, they've set it up to just do as they please from here on in. That's why I'm done. Nomura can't write anything beyond time travel bullshit and even then he can't keep it simple. You are aware that the biggest request from Japanese players is that Aerith lives, right? With this challenging fate pap, and the apparent revival of Biggs and Zack, I think you should be very afraid of what they'll do in the next few episodes. Shame on Square. They had one remit and it looks like they fucked it. They're worse than useless these days. That said, all of the weebs are praising it to the hilt. I honestly think a high percentage of gamers can't think critically.

Mate, they've set it up to just do as they please from here on in. That's why I'm done. Nomura can't write anything beyond time travel bullshit and even then he can't keep it simple. You are aware that the biggest request from Japanese players is that Aerith lives, right? With this challenging fate pap, and the apparent revival of Biggs and Zack, I think you should be very afraid of what they'll do in the next few episodes. Shame on Square. They had one remit and it looks like they fucked it. They're worse than useless these days. That said, all of the weebs are praising it to the hilt. I honestly think a high percentage of gamers can't think critically.

I’ll play the rest of them but it will be like watching a car crash, imo.

What is the clamour for her revival? It’s necessary for the plot and the original story bloke said there were never plans to revive her. Zack as well, his death allowed Cloud to assume his life - again, a major plot point.

I have to say, once I knew what the floaty fuckers we’re all about I had an awful feeling of retcon.

It’s a travesty tbh, as the original story is pretty good and is even relevant to current issues on climate change etc.

I’ll play the rest of them but it will be like watching a car crash, imo.

What is the clamour for her revival? It’s necessary for the plot and the original story bloke said there were never plans to revive her. Zack as well, his death allowed Cloud to assume his life - again, a major plot point.

I have to say, once I knew what the floaty fuckers we’re all about I had an awful feeling of retcon.

It’s a travesty tbh, as the original story is pretty good and is even relevant to current issues on climate change etc.
Can't help themselves, mate. Wankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back