FF7 Remake

Can't help themselves, mate. Wankers.

Can only be for their own ego as no one who played the original wanted this. It’s almost all the heavy crack about keeping it like the original as much as possible etc. was a ploy to go “haha” look at what we’re going to do.

Feels like a slap in the face to those who have waited over 20 years for this.

Can only be for their own ego as no one who played the original wanted this. It’s almost all the heavy crack about keeping it like the original as much as possible etc. was a ploy to go “haha” look at what we’re going to do.

Feels like a slap in the face to those who have waited over 20 years for this.
A slap to the face is exactly how I described it on another site.

I feel pretty deflated about it all, as sad as that may sound.
No, I think if you look back at my earlier posts you'll see I felt the same. That said, the more I mull over it, the worse the game seems. End game is all VR battles, it's all inconsequential stuff. The original had loads of hidden challenges to seek out, this has stripped all that out. When you think about it, it is bare bones as fuck.

No, I think if you look back at my earlier posts you'll see I felt the same. That said, the more I mull over it, the worse the game seems. End game is all VR battles, it's all inconsequential stuff. The original had loads of hidden challenges to seek out, this has stripped all that out. When you think about it, it is bare bones as fuck.

I’m surprised more isn’t being made of it amongst reviews, though I have only seen a handful. I could have probably let that go, had the ending sequence not been a complete abomination, as I had enjoyed the bulk of the game still.

As I said, I’ll play the other parts but fuck knows what we’ll actually get. If they’re pissing about willy nilly, they may as well have just made a brand new game with the same characters/setting, rather than branding it a remake.

I’m surprised more isn’t being made of it amongst reviews, though I have only seen a handful. I could have probably let that go, had the ending sequence not been a complete abomination, as I had enjoyed the bulk of the game still.

As I said, I’ll play the other parts but fuck knows what we’ll actually get. If they’re pissing about willy nilly, they may as well have just made a brand new game with the same characters/setting, rather than branding it a remake.
Missed this yesterday. Deflated is exactly the word I used. All that was good in this game was undone a bit by the ending. Every note they hit was tied to the original and the new stuff they added was either meh or outright poor but they’re clearly going further down that route.

I’m not necessarily opposed outright to a re-telling however this is a company that has literally never managed to hit the right notes in the franchise they bought. They finally found a winning formula and literally made destroying that formula the end boss. I don’t trust square enix to produce their own original content in the slightest.

I’m also unsure as to how more of this hasn’t been made. It’s akin to the end of game of thrones to me. :lol:

For what it’s worth my thoughts are that sephiroth we see in the game is sephiroth post advent children. He’s lost twice and realises he’s destined to lose and needs to destroy fate itself to win. By appearing to cloud before meeting aerith it triggers little ripples (butterflies and hurricanes) which the dementors need to correct to ensure the planet is saved as in ffvii original. The fact aerith somehow sees the future and also wants to destroy fate as well doesn’t make sense to me. It’s all just a bit shit and not told very well.The dialogue sephiroth gets is just vague sound bites.
Just in the middle of fighting Rufus - pleased that they made it clear that Sephiroth didn’t kill Shinra and that it was Jenova (or a failed clone in this case. Not sure about all the theatrics around it though. Glad I got to follow the blood trail and at least Hojo is as noncey as I expected
@Lexingtongue @The Beautiful Game

Doing Chapter 18 - what the Santa Claus shit is going on here. Something straight out of KH3, even looks like the big Heartless. Thought it was going “ok” with Rufus/Armoured Gunner/Motorball, but this is unnecessary mess. Why did we randomly see Zack as well? Be fuming if he’s alive or some shite
re Zack and the crisp packet. The shinra dog is a different breed. They made a point of showing that. Looks to me like multiverse theory. I reckon they might do a cloud and Zack spin off.

Last edited:
Missed this yesterday. Deflated is exactly the word I used. All that was good in this game was undone a bit by the ending. Every note they hit was tied to the original and the new stuff they added was either meh or outright poor but they’re clearly going further down that route.

I’m not necessarily opposed outright to a re-telling however this is a company that has literally never managed to hit the right notes in the franchise they bought. They finally found a winning formula and literally made destroying that formula the end boss. I don’t trust square enix to produce their own original content in the slightest.

I’m also unsure as to how more of this hasn’t been made. It’s akin to the end of game of thrones to me. :lol:

For what it’s worth my thoughts are that sephiroth we see in the game is sephiroth post advent children. He’s lost twice and realises he’s destined to lose and needs to destroy fate itself to win. By appearing to cloud before meeting aerith it triggers little ripples (butterflies and hurricanes) which the dementors need to correct to ensure the planet is saved as in ffvii original. The fact aerith somehow sees the future and also wants to destroy fate as well doesn’t make sense to me. It’s all just a bit shit and not told very well.The dialogue sephiroth gets is just vague sound bites.
Is Sephiroth a Time Lord now as well, by the way? He's been beaten twice - how does he know this? :lol: Fuck Square and all the sycophant weeb fans. They couldn't tell the time these days, never mind a coherent story.

Is Sephiroth a Time Lord now as well, by the way? He's been beaten twice - how does he know this? :lol: Fuck Square and all the sycophant weeb fans. They couldn't tell the time these days, never mind a coherent story.
I mean he was already controlling a bunch of alien bits all over the planet from a Crystal in a crater, why not give him the power of time travel as well. The problem is they’ve acknowledged advent children instead of just ignoring it. The sephiroth in that was just a manifestation of him. They’ve written it into cannon that he’s now part of the lifestream and effectively made him a god, it’s shit.

I mean he was already controlling a bunch of alien bits all over the planet from a Crystal in a crater, why not give him the power of time travel as well. The problem is they’ve acknowledged advent children instead of just ignoring it. The sephiroth in that was just a manifestation of him. They’ve written it into cannon that he’s now part of the lifestream and effectively made him a god, it’s shit.
I'm so grateful I'm not the only one who can see this abomination for what it is. I thought I was going mad. You and Jack have given me hope. :lol:

Same. When is saw Jack have the same reaction after all his positivity I realised I was right and the Reddit circle jerk etc is just that! :lol:
Someone dared write a negative review (albeit a clumsy one) and look at the fury of the sycophants in the comments. :lol:

Someone dared write a negative review (albeit a clumsy one) and look at the fury of the sycophants in the comments. :lol:

If it’s a remake, why is the idea of Advent Children creeping in? AC literally needs the original to exist.

I feel @The Beautiful Game will be on the right lines with
the multiverse
, which means it is not a remake at all but a complete reinvention.

If that was the plan, why not just badge it like that? You’d appease the remake people by replaying events from the original game and then can easily alter things. Just seems to have been a bit of a false venture from their perspective.

If it’s a remake, why is the idea of Advent Children creeping in? AC literally needs the original to exist.

I feel @The Beautiful Game will be on the right lines with
the multiverse
, which means it is not a remake at all but a complete reinvention.

If that was the plan, why not just badge it like that? You’d appease the remake people by replaying events from the original game and then can easily alter things. Just seems to have been a bit of a false venture from their perspective.
Did you assess the three end bosses you fight?

Looks like they were the future versions of cloud, tifa and Barrett. :lol:

Yeah, I assessed them first time round. I just rolled my eyes. Loads of shite.

Am I right in saying that Wedge’s non death this time around was meant to be a foreshadow of “changing destiny”? Didn’t think about it before but seems to be the case, particularly after the floats mobbed him.

Am I right in saying that Wedge’s non death this time around was meant to be a foreshadow of “changing destiny”? Didn’t think about it before but seems to be the case, particularly after the floats mobbed him.
No idea, mate. Waste of time trying to second guess these kind of stories, really. It's probably gonna end up like KH all over again.

No idea, mate. Waste of time trying to second guess these kind of stories, really. It's probably gonna end up like KH all over again.

Just finished it again there:

So they are going to follow on the story after leaving Midgar from the ending sequence - presumably that destiny cack was to allow any changes as they go on whilst still following the events of the original more or less.

I’m still confused about Zack, all his scenes appeared to be flashbacks and the last bit we see is just before he is gunned down.
Maybe he isn’t alive and they can just feel him or whatever? If the spooky shite transcended all timelines then that’s why he could see it in the past perhaps?

You’re right like, it’s like second guessing a box of frogs. All that end shite could have just been an elaborate way to create a harder boss fight and a face off with Sephiroth anarl
Apparently, the crisp packet that blows past Zack has a different interpretation of that Shinra Dog mascot thing, Stamp I think it was called suggesting that we have indeed shifted to an alternate timeline

Last edited:

Back