Fella on the bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update-I was at the match with the fella concerned(from East Rainton) but we separated after the game.Another mate who was with him has just rung me from the hospital to say he is in the High Dependency Unit and is conscious so fingers crossed.His life was probably saved by MackemMagic’s lass.Thank her so much and it would be appreciated if you can pass her details on to him to thank her himself.
Fantastic news! First Aid is so important whether by a professional or member of the public.

Pica pica, please.

We have two or three living in trees near ours who drive me crackers every morning with their ack ack ack ack ack like broken football rattles (to be clear, I'm talking about feathered corvids, as opposed to our neighbouring missing links, the description could apply with equal force either way).

Walked owa the bridge and saw someone giving CPR. I'm first aid trained cos of graft and in a situation like that a think me head would gan so fair play to the lass who looks like has potentially saved a life. I've got me refresher course next month so will 100% be taking it a lot more serious.
It’s 18 months since I last ‘done it’ but trainings and instinct kicks in imo.
Should be taught in schools instead of shytes subjects like chemistry :D

I just legged it back to the ground to get an ambulance - they’re on the scene now

Didn’t look good - he’s hit his head and they’re doing CPR

Hope he pulls through.

Well done good thinking.

Our lass was giving him CPR, police brought the defib and ambulance arrived

Well done your lass, makes a massive difference early help like that.

Last edited:
Don’t think I can take any kudos for it - I was a bit surprised when I got to the ambulance and the paramedic said “it’s just been radioed in” then he nashed off somewhere else.

Bit confused as to why the ambulance (that was outside the south east corner at that time) didn’t put his blue lights on and go straight up, with the direction of the crowd, when it was radioed in. Not sure about procedure for these kind of things but he was literally 100 yards away at the time.

When I got back the police arrived and then a minute later a paramedic in an SUV thing turned up.

Hope to god he’s okay like.
Well done to you mate because I think it was you that we saw running back over the bridge ( made a joke to my mate at the time, not knowing obviously, that you must have left your programme in the ground.

Literally, a cop van was on the scene but there was a lass just starting cpr.

Poor lad didn't have a good colour at all

Hope to fuck hes ok x

Update-I was at the match with the fella concerned(from East Rainton) but we separated after the game.Another mate who was with him has just rung me from the hospital to say he is in the High Dependency Unit and is conscious so fingers crossed.His life was probably saved by MackemMagic’s lass.Thank her so much and it would be appreciated if you can pass her details on to him to thank her himself.
Fuck me this is fantastic news.

Well done @mackemmagics lass. Close to f***ing tears here like :cry:

Hate owt like this

Last edited:
Wow. Absolutely superb news that. Well done to @MackemMagic mrs, a real hero.

Emergency aid and first aid should be taught to everyone, someone’s life has been saved today because of a bystander performing CPR. Without it the lad would’ve been gone for sure.

Well done to @MackemMagic ‘s lass and the lad on here who ran back for the ambulance

Edit @rey mysterio
Totally agree with that, should be something you learn at school. Kids can do Pythagoras etc but life saving sills, nor let’s not bother with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back