Favourite DJ's from your youth?

I used to like Tommy Vance, he was like the Des Lynam of the Radio world, he could introduce the shittest song in spectacular fashion, I remember one day when I switched the radio on and he's recognisable voice came on after the news and DJs usually like to start of with a feel good tune following the news and his words were "hey it's Tommy V here with you until the love hour and this tune is especially for all you folks who have just come in from a good days work so why not sit down chill out and prep your ears for this feast of a tune it's the one and only Keith Harris and Orvil and I wish I could fly"
Aye, standards did dip on The Friday Rock Show.

Peter Hetherington on a Sunday afternoon whilst my Mam was making Sunday Dinner
He was a kiddie fiddler
I used to like Tommy Vance, he was like the Des Lynam of the Radio world, he could introduce the shittest song in spectacular fashion, I remember one day when I switched the radio on and he's recognisable voice came on after the news and DJs usually like to start of with a feel good tune following the news and his words were "hey it's Tommy V here with you until the love hour and this tune is especially for all you folks who have just come in from a good days work so why not sit down chill out and prep your ears for this feast of a tune it's the one and only Keith Harris and Orvil and I wish I could fly"
The mulleted barbers in Concord

It's not difficult to mix like, in fact it's dead easy

Had a mate that mixed three at a time, couldnt do that like

It’s canny hard to mix consistently on vinyl, beats clapping, to a crowd who you know a good few will be listening for the fuck up so to speak, whilst off you’re box at 4am in the morning :lol: Takes time and skill to be able to master it.

Using the ‘newer’ digital equipment I agree, basically press a button and it’s sorted for you if you want.

It’s canny hard to mix consistently on vinyl, beats clapping, to a crowd who you know a good few will be listening for the fuck up so to speak, whilst off you’re box at 4am in the morning :lol: Takes time and skill to be able to master it.

Using the ‘newer’ digital equipment I agree, basically press a button and it’s sorted for you if you want.
I meant vinyl, you've just got to listen carefully and keep counting 4s so you know where the next break is going to be so you're ready with the next "choon".

Back