Favourite DJ's from your youth?

safcrob

Winger
I used to like Tommy Vance, he was like the Des Lynam of the Radio world, he could introduce the shittest song in spectacular fashion, I remember one day when I switched the radio on and he's recognisable voice came on after the news and DJs usually like to start of with a feel good tune following the news and his words were "hey it's Tommy V here with you until the love hour and this tune is especially for all you folks who have just come in from a good days work so why not sit down chill out and prep your ears for this feast of a tune it's the one and only Keith Harris and Orvil and I wish I could fly"

In vague order:
Noel Edmunds - R1
Jimmy Savile - Metro
Nicky Brown - Metro
Steve Wright - R1
Simon Mayo - R1
John Peel - R1
Mark and Lard - R1
Radcliffe and Maconie - 6 music

Never really had a favourite as such and I must’ve seen loads between 89 and the end of the nineties/early noughties but ones that stand out are Todd Terry at Back2Basics, Jon Marsh at the Arena, Jeremy Healy at the Empire, Marshall Jefferson at Ku Klub and Felix da Housecat at Space. As for @Dave Herbal ’s post, we used to listen to Nicky Brown’s show too he played some class stuff that you wouldn’t hear anywhere else especially 12” mixes.

Kutski
Yoji Biomehanika

Still listen to Kutski’s shit mixtape from time to time.
Kutski is great, he truly appreciates all hard dance and last time I checked he was really getting into the production side of things.

Back