Favourite Auf Wiedersehen Pet moments?

Some stuff I found about the group...

Evolving from a Manchester group called Fairfield Welles, who were winners of "New Faces" on TV in the late 70s, the line-up included Steve Moone of the Moone Brothers on drums. See also Bobby Moone, Bobby Moonshine and John Gaughan.
Fairfield Welles changed their name to Exposé and later appeared on London Weekend's Television show "Search For A Star", and were also featured in an episode of "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet".
/
I don't think much of them songs though.
Prefer super trooper German style
They were first knan as Expose

I don't recall the flip flop comment but you may be right, @Kevin Arnott's right boot please help. I was thinking of the scene when Oz and the lads enter the Indian restaurant in Dusseldorf for the first time, Oz hears the sitar music playing and says "Ghandi on Guitar"!

Happy birthday today to Chistopher Fairbank aka Albert Arthur Moxey, alias Francis Ffffogarty and Brendan Mulcahey.
Moxey is 67 today. Let's hope he is enjoying retirement in Australia or wherever he ended up.
My favourite Moxey moment is when he's transfixed watching the stripper in "Marjorie doesn't live here anymore."

I also like the science where he orders 5 pints for his "growing lads":)

You’ll be right mate. Mine was just a guess.

Moxey definitely comes into his own from Thornley Manor, onwards.
Some of his one liners are tremendous.

You’ll be right mate. Mine was just a guess.

Moxey definitely comes into his own from Thornley Manor, onwards.
Some of his one liners are tremendous.
Without getting all political, I think they messed up in series 3 by casting Moxey (a Scouse Liverpool fan, although he never really seemed into football) as reading the Sun (when they’re on the plane to Arizona).

Without getting all political, I think they messed up in series 3 by casting Moxey (a Scouse Liverpool fan, although he never really seemed into football) as reading the Sun (when they’re on the plane to Arizona).

I’ve all but cancelled season 3 out of my head. I was obviously excited when the news about it came out, but it was a massive disappointment for me.
Far to polished. The characters had changed to much. They’d latched into the Geordie Nation stuff too much.
And the script no longer felt natural, almost ad-libbed, like the first two did.
I couldn’t bring myself to watch the next ones.

I’ve all but cancelled season 3 out of my head. I was obviously excited when the news about it came out, but it was a massive disappointment for me.
Far to polished. The characters had changed to much. They’d latched into the Geordie Nation stuff too much.
And the script no longer felt natural, almost ad-libbed, like the first two did.
The later series were ok, better than nowt. But not a patch on series 1 and 2.

You are not alone.

Happy 67th birthday to Christopher Fairbank (Moxey) . So here's a few of my favourite quotes/stories from him...

1. I saw a ghost, Brendan.
2. Sorry I'm late lads, I had a bit of trouble getting away 😃😃😃
3. Has anybody got a match? I'll set fire to this bastard!
4. "Have you been inside mate?". I still am 😂😂😂
5. "So you're after a new passport? It'll cost you". Well I didn't think it was gonna be free!
6. I'm not a well man!
7. Forgetting to wake Barry up when they were in the sauna , leading to Barry's sunburnt face.
8. Running away from every police car
9. "He's alright really, he just thinks its Guy Fawkes night every night"
10. Asking Terry Leather for a job when they thought the lads were the Sheffield bank job gang!

Happy birthday Moxey, sorry that the girl from Runcorn let you down, but glad that you met the Australian girl.

I have just been watching AWP on my DVD box set and was reading the extras, which include "trivia".

So here is a quiz based on the trivia details.

1 The prozzies in the brothel scene were real, where were they bussed in from?
2 What was unusual about some of the prozzies hired?
3 What was Kevin Whately washing his car with on the set, something which later became a classic "prop"?

Has anyone else got this same 4 DVD set published by Carlton in about 2002 ?

I have just been watching AWP on my DVD box set and was reading the extras, which include "trivia".

3 What was Kevin Whately washing his car with on the set, something which later became a classic "prop"?

Great questions @gluepot but no ideas on the answers.

One for @hank williams @Spam Javelin or @Kevin Arnott's right boot I think

I'm trying hard @thamesvalleyman :).

Looking at some of the lasses on the street, no wonder Dennis abstained. That boiler carrying the dog would have put anyone right off. I hope she wasn't one of the real ones that they bussed in. Can't say I was too impressed with Bomber's choice either. Still, Oz enjoyed himself with Suzy Wong the Eurasian lass. I can't place where she might have hailed from ... any ideas? Maybe Indonesia?

I always wonder how much money Neville won playing that game in the Bierkeller. The lads said it was a small fortune. I wonder if he sent it all to Brenda? Otherwise what did he spend it on?

On re-watching the scene where Marjorie visits Vera, there is quite a long pause while Vera makes the tea, which slightly irritates me. I suppose it's so you notice Marjorie eyeing up Vera's living room, but even she (the actress I mean) looks embarrassed.

Sorry for rambling on....

Last edited:

Hamburg ?
No idea!
Oz’s underpants !

Great questions @gluepot but no ideas on the answers.

One for @hank williams @Spam Javelin or @Kevin Arnott's right boot I think

Ive had a go below , but they are tough !

Back