Favourite Auf Wiedersehen Pet moments?

Erm excuse me sir

And the gadgie looked at his watch and was a bit puzzled πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Today's the birthday of Gary Holton (Wayne Winston Norris). Taken far too soon, was gutted when I heard he passed away.

It seems apt to come up with a few quotes in his memory, so here goes. RIP Wayne.

I would have given you a lift, but there wasn't enough room"

"Birds are like the Chinese army, once you've jumped a few, you think that's it...then a whole new battallion comes over the hill"

(Barry- I only want one)

Wayne- that's where me and you are different Barry, I want them all.

Follow that car..THE LIGHTS HAVE CHANGED! You're a friggin radish, Barry.

(Barry- this is the last time I go on the pull with you Wayne):". Well, the feeling's bloody mutual.

Get it all locked off, son.

Laugh? I nearly bought my own beer.

"DU ? That's from Dusseldorf". As you're so good with letters, how about FO?

Have to finish with Oi, oi, what's the word then?

Last edited:
I still don't understand Barry's voting system πŸ˜‚
Barry devised a democratic plan based on the system used to elect the chairman of the West Bromwich & District Sunday methodist table tennis league.

He prepared a list of colours and each person had to choose their 1st and 2nd preferences. First choices got 2 points and second choices got 1 point.

No two people had the same first choice. Yellow won as 3 people chose it as their second choice. No-one voted for yellow as their first choice.
So everybody got what nobody wanted..........and that's democracy!!

What were the colours and how many votes did each one get @hank williams ?
I don't know the answer, maybe Hank does. I know that the Poles predicted purple
(Nev voted pink..it reminded him of him and Brenda's honeymoon hotel's walls.
Barry voted green, as he thought it was soothing and it reminded him of his home bathroom.)
PS
Quiz Question just for @Ghandi Floss ... When does Ghandi get a special mention in Series 1??

Last edited:
Barry devised a democratic plan based on the system used to elect the chairman of the West Bromwich & District Sunday methodist table tennis league.

He prepared a list of colours and each person had to choose their 1st and 2nd preferences. First choices got 2 points and second choices got 1 point.

No two people had the same first choice. Yellow won as 3 people chose it as their second choice. No-one voted for yellow as their first choice.
So everybody got what nobody wanted..........and that's democracy!!

I don't know the answer, maybe Hank does. I know that the Poles predicted purple
(Nev voted pink..it reminded him of him and Brenda's honeymoon hotel's walls.
Barry voted green, as he thought it was soothing and it reminded him of his home bathroom.)
PS
Quiz Question just for @Ghandi Floss ... When does Ghandi get a special mention in Series 1??

Not sure mate. Does Oz possibly mention something about his mouth being dry and Gandhi’s flip flop?
If you look over the previous pages, @gluepot @hank williams @Kevin Arnott's right boot and @Spam Javelin have proved themselves a minefield (excuse the pun) of AWP knowledge.

We will probably have another quiz soon although it's only fair to warn you that I think @Kevin Arnott's right boot is actually Ian La Renais.

I’ll have to give the whole thread a read through when I get the chance.
An β€˜Auf Wiedersehen...’ quiz sounds mint.

Last edited:
Not sure mate. Does Oz possibly mention something about his mouth being dry and Gandhi’s flip flop?
I don't recall the flip flop comment but you may be right, @Kevin Arnott's right boot please help. I was thinking of the scene when Oz and the lads enter the Indian restaurant in Dusseldorf for the first time, Oz hears the sitar music playing and says "Ghandi on Guitar"!

Happy birthday today to Chistopher Fairbank aka Albert Arthur Moxey, alias Francis Ffffogarty and Brendan Mulcahey.
Moxey is 67 today. Let's hope he is enjoying retirement in Australia or wherever he ended up.
My favourite Moxey moment is when he's transfixed watching the stripper in "Marjorie doesn't live here anymore."

I also like the science where he orders 5 pints for his "growing lads":)

What was the name of the group playing in the bar when Neville won all the German money
Can't remember the name but they were playing "Don't stand so close to me" when the entered the bar. Also, think the fellas were wearing baseball outfits.

What was the name of the group playing in the bar when Neville won all the German money
Some stuff I found about the group...

Evolving from a Manchester group called Fairfield Welles, who were winners of "New Faces" on TV in the late 70s, the line-up included Steve Moone of the Moone Brothers on drums. See also Bobby Moone, Bobby Moonshine and John Gaughan.
Fairfield Welles changed their name to ExposΓ© and later appeared on London Weekend's Television show "Search For A Star", and were also featured in an episode of "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet".
/
I don't think much of them songs though.
Prefer super trooper German style

Last edited:

Back