Father's day if they're still here or in memoriam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mine killed himself a few years back. Among his few possessions was a photo of me when I was a kid. That was tough to take.

Bloody hell, that must have been traumatic. Especially as a kid :(.

Hope today isn't too hard for you @janey and @Ginger John, the first Fathers Day without your Dad's must be awful :(.

I am 47 and really lucky to still have my Mam and Dad in decent health. My Dad is 70 this year and still works full time, he's amazing for his age. I appreciate every single day I get with him and my Mam now.

Hope today isn't too hard for you @janey and @Ginger John, the first Fathers Day without your Dad's must be awful :(.

I am 47 and really lucky to still have my Mam and Dad in decent health. My Dad is 70 this year and still works full time, he's amazing for his age. I appreciate every single day I get with him and my Mam now.
Don’t mind admitting it’s shit, just locking meself away today. :cry:
And you do right to appreciate him, I hope you get to do so for a long time to come xx

I was 28 but thank you.

He and my mam divorced when I was a kid. He had full access, no limitations but he never took advantage of them so I rarely saw him. I tried to make an effort but he didn’t seem to want to know. Then he fell into alcoholism and his life just fell apart. He had nothing material from what we could tell and then one day he drank a bottle of whisky, downed a load of pills and jumped off the bridge. No note, no anything.

There’s so many questions I’ll never be able to have answered.

It's been tough these last two weeks. Due to my job, I've been working on Father's Day promo stuff in shops and it's only two months since he left us so it's been hard having it my face every day. I was part way through making a gift for him and it remains unfinished. Thanks for thinking of me xx

I was 28 but thank you.

He and my mam divorced when I was a kid. He had full access, no limitations but he never took advantage of them so I rarely saw him. I tried to make an effort but he didn’t seem to want to know. Then he fell into alcoholism and his life just fell apart. He had nothing material from what we could tell and then one day he drank a bottle of whisky, downed a load of pills and jumped off the bridge. No note, no anything.

There’s so many questions I’ll never be able to have answered.

:oops: Sorry about that, I got mixed up with another post.

That's absolutely awful. I can't imagine how you deal, and have dealt, with that. Really really sad.

Don’t mind admitting it’s shit, just locking meself away today. :cry:
And you do right to appreciate him, I hope you get to do so for a long time to come xx

It's been tough these last two weeks. Due to my job, I've been working on Father's Day promo stuff in shops and it's only two months since he left us so it's been hard having it my face every day. I was part way through making a gift for him and it remains unfinished. Thanks for thinking of me xx

Hugs xx

:oops: Sorry about that, I got mixed up with another post.

That's absolutely awful. I can't imagine how you deal, and have dealt, with that. Really really sad.

:lol: No worries.

It was very strange I have to say. The thing that annoys me now is that my wife’s dad is doing the same thing - doesn’t acknowledge her, doesn’t even remember when it’s her birthday and I can see her thinking it’s her fault when it isn’t. I could throttle him to be honest.

I don't like to brag but I am Worlds #1 Dad. I have a card confirming it.
I got a card off my lad that had a few words on to describe me:

Wonderful
Awesome
Nice
Kind
Easygoing
Remarkable

I gave him a clip after I stopped laughing. His season card's going in the bin when it arrives the little twat

Me fatha is 85 and took me to my first match in 76 (1-0 defeat to Liverpool).

He's one of those strange bunch that loved Sunderland but went to Sunderland one week and the mags the next. Thought it was just normal but only ever considered himself a fan of Sunderland.

Not in the best of health these days. The onset of dementia is gathering pace but he's still a happy as Larry when we do our weekly Facetime thing.

Sad to see a huge unit of a man as a fairly frail old bloke, but at least he's still here... and I love him!

Me fatha: me hero.
Mine's 84, and is struggling. Took me to my first game in 74. Travelled all over the country with him to games.

He's my hero and best mate.

I would have hated not to have a good Dad in my life.

Most of the important stuff I've learned about life has come from his example.

Last edited:
I got a card off my lad that had a few words on to describe me:

Wonderful
Awesome
Nice
Kind
Easygoing
Remarkable

I gave him a clip after I stopped laughing. His season card's going in the bin when it arrives the little twat

Mine's 84, and is struggling. Took me to my first game in 74. Travelled all over the country with him to games.

He's my hero and best mate.

I would have hated not to have a good Dad in my life.

Most of the important stuff I've learned about life has come from his example.
I got that acronym card too!:lol: I got a bottle of scotch as well tbf.

This is my first Father’s Day without my old man since he passed away in December. It’s a strange feeling visiting the cemetery on days like today and Christmas Day etc. The hardest part is watching the grief on my Mam’s face when we visit his grave. I miss him desperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back