Father's day if they're still here or in memoriam

I think everybody who loses their Dad dwells on this at some point on Father's Day no matter how long since they passed.

I prefer to think of times which make me smile - such as when I was a kid and we were on holiday in Butlins. He made me go in for a Ribena Rose (!!!) competition as he said I was the most beautiful girl in the world. He convinced me and I actually said 'What will I say when I win?' :) I didn't win. But for a few birthdays afterwards Dad wrote 'to my Ribena Rose'. Which I loved of course. Still got the cards. :D

Don’t mind admitting it’s shit, just locking meself away today. :cry:
And you do right to appreciate him, I hope you get to do so for a long time to come xx
You take care Janey x

My Dad, who died eight years ago, took me to my first match at Roker Park in 1972 and changed my life forever.
We didn't always see eye to eye, but of all the football grounds in England he could have taken me to, I'm forever grateful he chose to take me to Roker Park that day.

You take care Janey x

My Dad, who died eight years ago, took me to my first match at Roker Park in 1972 and changed my life forever.
We didn't always see eye to eye, but of all the football grounds in England he could have taken me to, I'm forever grateful he chose to take me to Roker Park that day.
God Bless you Dad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You take care Janey x

At times I could punch his face in for making me a Sunderland supporter, on the other hand I wouldn’t have it any other way :lol:
Thank you xx

At times I could punch his face in for making me a Sunderland supporter, on the other hand I wouldn’t have it any other way :lol:
Thank you xx
:lol:
You're very welcome Janey . . . and likewise, for the near 50 years of torture and mental distress/anguish.
I should have reported him for cruelty ;) :lol: x

Last edited by a moderator:
Me fatha is 85 and took me to my first match in 76 (1-0 defeat to Liverpool).

He's one of those strange bunch that loved Sunderland but went to Sunderland one week and the mags the next. Thought it was just normal but only ever considered himself a fan of Sunderland.

Not in the best of health these days. The onset of dementia is gathering pace but he's still a happy as Larry when we do our weekly Facetime thing.

Sad to see a huge unit of a man as a fairly frail old bloke, but at least he's still here... and I love him!

Me fatha: me hero.
Was that the match when Henderson missed when it was easier to score?, hit the bar from about 2 yards out?

Back