Fat & Proud on Living now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spug

Woman is campaigning to get a fatism and fat discrimination illegal. Absolutely ridiculous. How is that even possible. Would you want to see a massive fat woman working in a sports shop or on reception in a gym?

Loose some f***ing weight man rather than send out a message to folk it's ok to be fat. :roll:

Woman is campaigning to get a fatism and fat discrimination illegal. Absolutely ridiculous. How is that even possible. Would you want to see a massive fat woman working in a sports shop or on reception in a gym?

Loose some f***ing weight man rather than send out a message to folk it's ok to be fat. :roll:
you been in your average sports direct lately? more muffin tops on show than in gregs

They should be locked up and starved the fat fuckers

Nah I don't really buy sports gear but its a bit shite that like.

It's stupid this show like. This fat campaigner is a twat.
dont get me wrong theres some bonny ones but theyre hardly the advert for healthy sporting lifestyles

Just found this....

Laws in San Francisco aim to prevent fat discrimination
Attacking someone for being fat should be a hate crime, campaigners say.
They want so-called "fat-ism" to be made illegal on the same grounds as race, age and religious discrimination.
A demonstration was held outside the offices of the mayor of London asking him to lead the way in making sure employers are not prejudiced.
Protesters want the UK to follow San Francisco, where a law bans "fat-ism" in housing and employment and stops doctors pressing patients to slim down.
Sondra Solway, a San Francisco lawyer, said: "The San Francisco ordinance says you may want to mention weight to the patient but if the patient says they do not want to talk about that then you are asked to respect those wishes."
Size acceptance
In the UK, size is not a protected characteristic under discrimination legislation.

People who are very overweight do experience a lot of prejudice both in their social life and working life and do need some protection."
Dr Ian Campbell, Weight Concern
The campaigners, who belong to the Size Acceptance Movement, say surveys show 93% of employers would rather employ a thin person than a fat one even if they are equally qualified.
Kathryn Szrodecki, who campaigns on behalf of overweight people, said that in the UK fat people were stared at, pointed at, talked about and attacked.
She said: "I have been discriminated against - I am a YMCA qualified fitness instructor, but I have gone for jobs and been laughed off the premises."
Another campaigner, Marsha Coupe, said: "I have been punched, I have had beer thrown in my face, I have had people attack me on the train.
"They say 'Move out of the way fatty! Well person coming down the aisle!'"
Ms Szrodecki said: "This is a very common event - someone being beaten up should be a crime.
"It is not about who you are or what you have done, it is just about the way you look.
"You are allowed to shame us just because of the way we look."
Dr Ian Campbell of the charity Weight Concern said he was doubtful that legislation would have any immediate effect on the situation.
He said: "People who are very overweight do experience a lot of prejudice both in their social life and working life and do need some protection.
"We know that genetic and social reasons can lead to this very complex problem.
"For instance, people in inner cities are much more likely to be overweight because of poorer education, poorer housing and poorer job opportunities.
"Not everyone has a free choice about controlling their weight."
A spokesman for the Equality and Human Rights Commission said size was already protected by the legislation if it was caused by a disability: "Potentially human rights legislation would also cover people by protecting their right to work."

Discrimination against an obese fitness instructor :lol:

Don't think its possible to loosen your weight.

It's stupid this show like. This fat campaigner is a twat.

Always the victims mate. Blame everyone else for their own failings. There's millions of them. If it's not feminism it's people claiming racial discrimination. The fatties are probably the worst mind. There are not many cases of thyroid problems where you put on 20 stone.

dont get me wrong theres some bonny ones but theyre hardly the advert for healthy sporting lifestyles

Exactly. I don't see anything wrong with having a bit weight on but to say it should be as frowned upon as is racism is ridiculous. Smokers get constant ribbing for smelling etc so is someone gonna campaign for them despite its health risks.

Presume your BMI is spot on and you have a washboard stomach then, Spug?

Exactly. I don't see anything wrong with having a bit weight on but to say it should be as frowned upon as racisim is ridiculous. Smokers get constant ribbing for smelling etc so is someone gonna campaign for them despite its health risks.

An excellent comparison. Smokers aren't allowed to smoke in bars, people who are fat shouldn't be allowed to be fat on planes. still waiting for a fatty to bite

Always the victims mate. Blame everyone else for their own failings. There's millions of them. If it's not feminism it's people claiming racial discrimination. The fatties are probably the worst mind. There are not many cases of thyroid problems where you put on 20 stone.

Like I say if people want to be fat then ce la vie but don't moan about it while doing nothing. I have every sympathy for people trying to sort it out but moaning and blaming others is totally pathetic.

Presume your BMI is spot on and you have a washboard stomach then, Spug?

I'm just getting back to my ideal weight after loosing loads of weight.

An excellent comparison. Smokers aren't allowed to smoke in bars, people who are fat shouldn't be allowed to be fat on planes. still waiting for a fatty to bite

It should be demonised as smoking is.

Like I say if people want to be fat then ce la vie but don't moan about it while doing nothing. I have every sympathy for people trying to sort it out but moaning and blaming others is totally pathetic.

Most certainly. It's fantastic to see people having a go like, but that fucker on TV the other week from Sunderland claiming he didn't give a fuck because the taxpayers were paying for his gastric band should be jailed imho.

A simple option would be to gradually reduce benefits and healthcare as their weight increases above monstrous levels.

Most certainly. It's fantastic to see people having a go like, but that fucker on TV the other week from Sunderland claiming he didn't give a fuck because the taxpayers were paying for his gastric band should be jailed imho.

A simple option would be to gradually reduce benefits and healthcare as their weight increases above monstrous levels.

Aye I have to admit its a real niggle to me. That's a great idea mind.

So we refuse anybody who is overweight medical care? Is this regardless of whether they will die if they don't receive care?
Ok let's move this on a bit. No care for anybody who has an accident, if it was their fault. No care for smokers, drinkers, druggies or any medical problem that could be seen as self inflicted. Infact no care for anybody unless they have a perfect BMI and have led a perfect lifestyle. Should clear the waiting lists if nothing else.

I'm just getting back to my ideal weight after loosing loads of weight.

What does "loosing loads of weight" entail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back