FAO Bongo - have you made this sandwich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helmet.
Fantastic job. Very well done marra. Excellent thread this like.
There can't be another web site in the universe like this can there?

yes i know there can physics geeks

How moist was it on a 1-10 scale

were the peppers a mistake?

10 being what ?

It was just right in my opinion, not messy to eat but not dry at all.

Peppers added what I thought they would, Could imagine it being a bit bland without to be honest.

The Hot sauce that I fried the filling in wasnt overpowering but you could taste it slightly in the background.

All in all its the best sarnie I have ever ate.

if i hadn't stopped smoking 41days ago (:cool:), i'd have needed a fag after watching that :lol::lol:

Well done Helmet, bet all you could think of all day was teasing the SMB and yer sarnie!

Fair play for the video and the entertainment but seriously 8 fuckin minutes to cut a sarnie ;)

Good stuff.

And here's the next challenge if anyone wants to take it;

Chicken Galantine

Logon or register to see this image

1 3-pound chicken
4 ounces lean pork
4 ounces lean veal
3 ounces pork fat back
1 tablespoon Brandy
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon spice blend
4 ounces cooked ham
4 ounces cooked giblets
1 ounce diced truffles
2 ounces pistachio nuts

Make a cut along back of chicken. Remove the skin and flesh over the back. Continue towards the breast, carefully cutting away the meat attached to the breast bone. Remove carcass. Bone the thighs. Debone the wings at the first joint,keeping the chicken in one piece.
Combine the chicken tenderloins with veal, pork, pork fat. Grind twice through the fine blade of a meat grinder.or blender. Add brandy, eggs, and seasonings, and diced garnishes. Mix well.
Prepare a chicken stock with bones.
Place boned chicken, skin side down on cheese cloth. Spread forcemeat over chicken.
Wrap cheese cloth around chicken.
Tie both ends and middle of roll. Simmer in chicken stock for 1 1/2 hours. Refrigerate 24 hours. Slice into 1/2-inch slices. Serve on cold plates with salad.

Anyone got any other ideas for extra things to put in it?
I'm thinking Bernaise sauce, mushy peas and some extra mature cheddar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back