Fans of the model, metrics

it has been done on the cheap ,where have you been ?living in a bubble?why do people think its a binary choice between frugality and spend spend spend ..its not! three windows and we couldnt unearth pay 3-4 million for a just good enough championship striker....We are doing everything on the cheap and that will lead to footballing mediocrity but probably a healthy bottom line. I would prefer a model that is flexible to the needs of the team spending a little more when needed to bolster the team to take advantage of footballing opportunities ..this can be done without breaking the bank.
Which quality Champ striker was available for £3-4m?

Have a look at our expenditure on transfer fees. It’s right up there of those outside the parachute clubs.

Our bottom line isn’t healthy. I can’t believe people think we turn a profit or even close 😂

I don’t mind the general concept of the model.
My issue is that it’s too rigid there should be room for flexibility and if that means we pay top wack for a striker which will improve our results then we should do it.
The problem with the model is that to suceed it has to reach a state of perpetual motion,a critical mass where you truly do not harm the whole by the the change of personnel. it function is not harmed by fluctuations in its own processes. How on earth do we get to that position please can anybody who supports this model tell me?Were a club in the championship with just above average funding how on earth do we reach the promised land ...just wait and see next september what our team looks like ..and you will see the model for what it is smoke and mirrors hiding mediocrity.How on hell do we keep hold of neil.clark.ballard ,bellingham,rigg and even hume?Yes we will get money but if we stil continue with the youth policy its doomed.

as if there's people who genuinely believe that we are anything close to being a profit making enterprise :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laughable isn’t it. Or that £170m guaranteed over the next three years is somehow less preferable than picking up relative peanuts a year off Sky in the same time frame 😂
We'll be making a canny profit in the summer.
Not as much as if we were in the league above over the next three

Last edited:
Laughable isn’t it. Or that £170m guaranteed over the next three years is somehow less preferable than picking up relative peanuts a year off Sky in the same time frame 😂

Not as much as if we were in the league above over the next three
Agreed but I don't think our youth team will getting promoted anytime soon.

Which quality Champ striker was available for £3-4m?

Have a look at our expenditure on transfer fees. It’s right up there of those outside the parachute clubs.

Our bottom line isn’t healthy. I can’t believe people think we turn a profit or even close 😂
Dont agree mate!remove your blinkers please..yes were not making a profit this season but we will when we sell clarke ,bellingham neil, and ballard next summer probably for around 30 million profit... as i said the model is just at its beginnings and we haven't harvested the crop yet all those players will have a peak sale value attached to them and they will be sold at their peak (provided we can hold on to them until they reach the peak)..the football is irrelevant to those in charge(provided we dont get relegated)and the sooner you realise that the better your analysis will be.

Dont agree mate!remove your blinkers please..yes were not making a profit this season but we will when we sell clarke ,bellingham neil, and ballard next summer probably for around 30 million profit... as i said the model is just at its beginnings and we haven't harvested the crop yet all those players will have a peak sale value attached to them and they will be sold at their peak (provided we can hold on to them until they reach the peak)..the football is irrelevant to those in charge(provided we dont get relegated)and the sooner you realise that the better your analysis will be.
You the oracle?

Point being if it was about a quick profit they’d likely gamble more. I find it encouraging it’s a long term thing but I guess we’ll see won’t we
its simply about the value of the player ..we purchase young and cheap and sell on when the data says so independent of the football..that might be fine and dandy if we were ata stage where the club was self perpetuating but we are not and we will never get there either its doomed for failure like the auroborus its eating its tail on the journey!
You the oracle?
You the oracle?
Cassandra ;) next summer or the next will make it clear for even you!

Last edited:
its simply about the value of the player ..we purchase young and cheap and sell on when the data says so independent of the football..that might be fine and dandy if we were ata stage where the club was self perpetuating but we are not and we will never get there either its doomed for failure like the auroborus its eating its tail on the journey!

Cassandra ;)
You can only sell on if they do well. If they do well we do well

You have to love a fan who moans about fiscal responsibility given how close we were recently to going bust. We tried paying over the odds for the wrong player under Short and Donald and you didn't learn your lessons???

I love the idea that KLD has of making the club sustainable and by bringing in younger players like Jobe, Clarke, Ekwah, Ballard etc who have a huge potential upside to them while benefitting the club is the best way forward.

If you want to go back to the darker days over overpaying for the likes of Ndong, Djilibodji, Grigg etc then maybe you can put together a consortium of rich idiots who don't like their money.
How about paying the going rate for the right player when the side is crying out for it?

For every Jobe, Clarke, Ekwah there’s been others who look nowhere near ready to make a meaningful contribution.

If the purchase of Will Grigg has mentally scarred them to the extent that we won’t ever pay the going rate for a competent forward we’ll stagnate in this league and any player with ambition will see the writing on the wall and get out asap

We’re 1pt outside the Play Offs, his good form has directly benefitted us.
your argument was flawed mate ,admit it instead of trying to spin it!:):) yep were flying;) ,,if he got injured though!.... never ever good ownership relying on one player is it?

Last edited:
How about paying the going rate for the right player when the side is crying out for it?

For every Jobe, Clarke, Ekwah there’s been others who look nowhere near ready to make a meaningful contribution.

If the purchase of Will Grigg has mentally scarred them to the extent that we won’t ever pay the going rate for a competent forward we’ll stagnate in this league and any player with ambition will see the writing on the wall and get out asap
What’s the going rate out of interest?
your argument was flawed mate ,admit it instead of trying to spin it!:):) yep were flying;) ,,if he got injured though!.... never ever good ownership relying on one player is it?
Ballard, Neil then as well. If you’re going to flip profits on players they have to do well. If they do well you will likely do well in the league. Can’t remember the last team in this league that sold multiple players for millions the season after being down the bottom. Can you?

Last edited:
What’s the going rate out of interest?

Ballard, Neil then as well. If you’re going to flip profits on players they have to do well. If they do well you will likely do well in the league. Can’t remember the last team in this league that sold multiple players for millions the season after being down the bottom. Can you?
we made a profit on lalanji (sorry cannot spell his name or be bothered to look it up)and he did not do well for us! im not sure even you know what you mean by the last part of your sentance...down the bottom?

Back