Fans of the model, metrics

Presumably the price the other 91 other professional clubs with senior strikers on their books paid
We have senior strikers on our books. What is the going rate?
we made a profit on lalanji (sorry cannot spell his name or be bothered to look it up)and he did not do well for us! im not sure even you know what you mean by the last part of your sentance...down the bottom?
Down the bottom of the league. Good luck generating consistent profits with players who don’t play

Last edited:
We have senior strikers on our books. What is the going rate?

Down the bottom of the league. Good luck generating consistent profits with players who don’t play
We have a striker on our books. A bit of a stretch calling Rusyn senior. A lot of a stretch calling any of the others strikers.
The going rate is whatever it takes to bring a striker competent at this level or higher to the club. The thing the other 23 clubs in this league appeared to manage without imploding financially.

The model will not work until we have a experienced spine to the team..3 key positions needed, then we have a chance.
I keep saying it but the squad balance is there yet. It needs sorting this summer for certain.

The right amount of players for each position and identify the 2 or 3 experienced pros who are going to lead the team and help the young ones develop

There are arguments and counter-arguments to "The Model" and its potential success or relative failure.Those in charge at SAFC will say we are only at the beginnining of a long journey,which is fair enough,but we,as supporters have little patience,generally to see how a plan pans out over,say 10-12 years.Didnt Southampton,between 2005 and 2012 have this kind of model forced upon them by relegations and financial constraints,during which they brought through Gareth Bale and others,sold them on,rinsed and repeated and got on an even financial keel,results improved and got back to the Premier League?...I would take that,but also understand supporters frustrations,eg that insipid display at Huddersfield....Its a bit like knowing the value of the houses in your estate are going to go up eventually,but you want/need the money now!....

We haven't really seen the model in action yet as Ross Stewart was a late bloomer which our scouting did well to spot.

We will see how the club use the model when a key player is sold most likely this summer. Until then it's just guesswork
The model still hasn’t done owt apart from selling that French kid to Qatar. RS was a LJ find. He tried to buy him a couple of times while at Bristol City.
I dont know what other peoples perception of this model is ..... or how you would recognise when it has been implemented fully?Im assuming here (not sure its true mind)they are trying to set up a club with a recognised style of football and every individual part functions towards this goal. Every person in the group meets a certain standard (measured by data)and if an individual leaves their role they are replaced by another (again driven by stats)usually cheaper person of the same standard or better so that the function of the whole is not affected...... SO the club gets t a position where one coach leaves and you simply replace wim with another clone ((playing the same way)and the same for the players except the players will have a coefficient value comprising the variables of performance,age ,value (bought and sell on) so we sell at the players peak and replace with a cheaper model of similar performance but at a cheaper price.The money made on sales pays for the machine to keep running......
My view is that it has never worked before anywhere and it needs a lot of seed money to set up in the first place and the way we are trying to do it on the cheap is doomed to failure and this will become evident next season if we dont go up !This model works fine in industry but has and wont work in football especially they way we are trying to do it,to many plates to keep spinning and were only paying the monkey peanuts.
A fit defence 8 months ago and it may have already worked.

Last edited:
We have a striker on our books. A bit of a stretch calling Rusyn senior. A lot of a stretch calling any of the others strikers.
The going rate is whatever it takes to bring a striker competent at this level or higher to the club. The thing the other 23 clubs in this league appeared to manage without imploding financially.
Well do they? Do they all have a good striker? I’d also say Rusyn at 25 is pretty senior haha

Well do they? Do they all have a good striker? I’d also say Rusyn at 25 is pretty senior haha
I’d like to see a list of all the strikers at other clubs in the league and how many goals they have scored. If you are suggesting we have 4 first team strikers I’d expect each of them scoring more than 0-2 goals this far into the season. Rusyn is possibly senior in age but in terms of providing goals at the level of the league we are in he’s no where near senior. That’s why he will no doubt be being paid less than strikers at other teams.

I’d like to see a list of all the strikers at other clubs in the league and how many goals they have scored. If you are suggesting we have 4 first team strikers I’d expect each of them scoring more than 0-2 goals this far into the season. Rusyn is possibly senior in age but in terms of providing goals at the level of the league we are in he’s no where near senior. That’s why he will no doubt be being paid less than strikers at other teams.
Well bottom of the league Rotherhams strikers have 7 between them.

The model still hasn’t done owt apart from selling that French kid to Qatar. RS was a LJ find. He tried to buy him a couple of times while at Bristol City.

A fit defence 8 months ago and it may have already worked.
to rigid to mention the model like!as i said the football circumstances at any given time are irrelevant unless its to avoid relegation.

The strategy or whatever you want to call it provides a manner in which to improve the club through a specific manner of recruitment.

We do not need instantaneously better players than those we sell,
just for them to have as good or better potential and then to realise that potential in order to continue improving the club.

You can have whatever metric you choose in order to rate it, they're your metrics.

That difference being between negative 5 to 15 million.
Sorry mate but that's bollox. The idea is the players incoming are as good as the ones leaving but with a higher ceiling for improvement.

If they aren't as good as the ones they replace then we go backwards waiting for them to be as good

List them by all means. Boro don’t have a 9 for starters.

List them by all means. Boro don’t have a 9 for starters.
No you list them.
Actually to make it cannanyone list any team in the league who’s strike force have scored less than 0.75 goals each so far this season. Some numpties arguing we have 4 capable strikers and that scoring 3 goals between them in over half a season is good, presumably most other teams must be less prolific.

Last edited:
Sorry mate but that's bollox. The idea is the players incoming are as good as the ones leaving but with a higher ceiling for improvement.

If they aren't as good as the ones they replace then we go backwards waiting for them to be as good

If you've the wrong idea then there is no doubt that disappointment awaits.

So the right idea in your head is we have to use players at a lower level than they replace? How is that going to improve us?

A continual process of higher potential achieved creates a better club. No one would be daft enough to expect linear progress..... ok so some may be, but a good target is a linear wave.

A continual process of higher potential achieved creates a better club. No one would be daft enough to expect linear progress..... ok so some may be, but a good target is a linear wave.
Ah, here comes the typing bollocks trying to sound intelligent posts. This post reminds me why I try and ignore you

Back