Fans of the model, metrics

PitYacker

Striker
Seems like there is an influx of people on here defending the “model” and the club in general at the moment. Even defending the BC decorating and lack of experienced striker situation, stating we are in a better place than the clubs above us because of the model.

I’m happy to be proved wrong but in my head for the model to work we need to see continual improvement on the pitch as well as in the pocket.

So next season when we loose a few of our best assets I’m assuming the players we have recently got in will end up taking their place and doing better than them in order for us to progress?

So when Clarke, Neil, and maybe a couple more are sold the people slotting in improve us and we finish higher up the table.

Is this the metric we monitor the success of the model? Not being provocative, I just not fully clear as to how we judge the model successful?

Seems like there is an influx of people on here defending the “model” and the club in general at the moment. Even defending the BC decorating and lack of experienced striker situation, stating we are in a better place than the clubs above us because of the model.

I’m happy to be proved wrong but in my head for the model to work we need to see continual improvement on the pitch as well as in the pocket.

So next season when we loose a few of our best assets I’m assuming the players we have recently got in will end up taking their place and doing better than them in order for us to progress?

So when Clarke, Neil, and maybe a couple more are sold the people slotting in improve us and we finish higher up the table.

Is this the metric we monitor the success of the model? Not being provocative, I just not fully clear as to how we judge the model successful?

The model put simply...

Spent as little as possible, sell for as high as possible and pocket the difference.

Just remember mate, those people are not the ones who will change things…not the ones who will demand better for SAFC. They’re the ones who the leadership take for granted and take the piss out of, while they play a real life game of Football Manager.

Vote with your feet…don’t be fobbed off with snake oil and talk of models. The feckless twats in charge of SAFC have shown a lack of regard and respect for our fans once too often.

The strategy or whatever you want to call it provides a manner in which to improve the club through a specific manner of recruitment.

We do not need instantaneously better players than those we sell, just for them to have as good or better potential and then to realise that potential in order to continue improving the club.

You can have whatever metric you choose in order to rate it, they're your metrics.
The model put simply...

Spent as little as possible, sell for as high as possible and pocket the difference.

That difference being between negative 5 to 15 million.

The strategy or whatever you want to call it provides a manner in which to improve the club through a specific manner of recruitment.

We do not need instantaneously better players than those we sell, just for them to have as good or better potential and then to realise that potential in order to continue improving the club.

You can have whatever metric you choose in order to rate it, they're your metrics.

That difference being between negative 5 to 15 million.

Time will tell, when we make sales, what will happen to the cash inlow.

I coach kids (running, not football) and the one thing I always tell them is that progress is not linear. There will be peaks and troughs because sport is an inexact science and mistakes will be made along the way. Take a long term view, see the bigger picture. On that basis, I'm still happy with the model even though we have flatlined for the last few months as I believe it will probably come good. I say 'probably' as there is still that nagging doubt that they don't know what they're doing and are deliberately doing things on the cheap. Time will tell.

The club has to realise that the whole aim of being a football club isn't to base everything around model but to base everything around playing at the highest level for as long as possible - and the model is a factor in achieving that goal - but it isn't what a football club should be all about.

Not only that but the model can be tweaked and the team has to have the right balance of young and experienced players.

I get the impression that Pritchard was effectively forced out because he was too old - which is ridiculous - he was one of our best players.

the club needs to sit down and reprioritise what it considers to be important and top of the list is being back in the PL ASAP.

The club has to realise that the whole aim of being a football club isn't to base everything around model but to base everything around playing at the highest level for as long as possible - and the model is a factor in achieving that goal - but it isn't what a football club should be all about.

Not only that but the model can be tweaked and the team has to have the right balance of young and experienced players.

I get the impression that Pritchard was effectively forced out because he was too old - which is ridiculous - he was one of our best players.

the club needs to sit down and reprioritise what it considers to be important and top of the list is being back in the PL ASAP.

I would suggest that tailoring the club around a league position being paramount has shown us some terrible times and is likely to lead to more of those where as the process being all important will provide better times but not when held up against an ideal.

Just remember mate, those people are not the ones who will change things…not the ones who will demand better for SAFC. They’re the ones who the leadership take for granted and take the piss out of, while they play a real life game of Football Manager.

Vote with your feet…don’t be fobbed off with snake oil and talk of models. The feckless twats in charge of SAFC have shown a lack of regard and respect for our fans once too often.
Ah yes. Fans fault for turning up. I’m sure some billionaire with unlimited spending ambitions will look at an empty stadium in the bottom half of the championship and buy KLD out 😂😂

I would suggest that tailoring the club around a league position being paramount has shown us some terrible times and is likely to lead to more of those where as the process being all important will provide better times but not when held up against an ideal.
the whole point of a football club, which seems to have been lost, is playing at the highest level. If the whole ethos of the football club is a model that takes 10 years to come to fruition then what's the point in that?

We have already been out of the top flight for the longest spell in our history and let's be honest we are still miles off being a certain promotion candidate.

forest and Leeds were out of the top flight for nigh on 20 years - is that where we are now....accepting something like that?

The model has brought in players who are being monitored by Premier teams.

Would you prefer the previous regime back?

It's not like we have a multitude of persons with unlimited funds tying to takeover the club.

1 Ross Stewart. although we have let Pritchard Gooch and Batth go when we probably shouldn't have as they have experience could of done with some of that last night.
Oh so sold one crock .
Kld is keeping the club afloat.
At this level it's a nightmare.
If Hull don't go up they will lose points next season I believe.

the whole point of a football club, which seems to have been lost, is playing at the highest level. If the whole ethos of the football club is a model that takes 10 years to come to fruition then what's the point in that?

We have already been out of the top flight for the longest spell in our history and let's be honest we are still miles off being a certain promotion candidate.

forest and Leeds were out of the top flight for nigh on 20 years - is that where we are now....accepting something like that?

You don't have to accept anything.... but what you're suggesting, to me, is a mindset that saw us plummet and when done in our financial state has little chance of working. Again, to me, the strategy currently employeed has the best chance of doing well over a decent time period, in the short term I'd say it has over achieved.

I guess its what you're judging it against, you on our history and me on our current standing.

That's a very narrow way to look at it, but I'd guess deliberately so.

Surely the whole point of a football club, is to come together as a group, representing the local area, and trying to be the best you can be?

If people aren't enjoying the football in the Championship then fair enough, I feel sorry for them, but fair.

Ultimately though everyone wants the same outcome, people just disagree on how best to go about it.

I coach kids (running, not football) and the one thing I always tell them is that progress is not linear. There will be peaks and troughs because sport is an inexact science and mistakes will be made along the way. Take a long term view, see the bigger picture. On that basis, I'm still happy with the model even though we have flatlined for the last few months as I believe it will probably come good. I say 'probably' as there is still that nagging doubt that they don't know what they're doing and are deliberately doing things on the cheap. Time will tell.
That’s your experience talking. Something that we are sadly lacking. We have needed 2 players now for as longs as I can remember. 2 players that go straight into the first team to help the young lads on.

Back