Fallout tv series April 24

Yeah the Fallout 3 era was my favourite ever in gaming. Absolutely loved the magic of the 360
Was amazing weren't it, I think it was the first time online gaming proper took off too. I spent so much time online just playing games talking shit, I loved those days as a big game everyone sorta went too from halo 3 gears etc FIFA sorta exploded in that generation too. I don't think kids these days get how big the launch of halo 3 was or cod 4.

Tried the first episode, it felt like another show I couldn’t get into - Silo.

Started watching Silo yesterday after finishing Fallout since they start with a similar concept of a post-apocalyptic underground civilisation. Main problem with Silo is that the picture is so dark that it may as well be an audio book.

I'm really enjoying this after a few episodes.

Do we know how many seasons are planned or will it depend on viewing figures? Hopefully they don't drag it out too long.

Was amazing weren't it, I think it was the first time online gaming proper took off too. I spent so much time online just playing games talking shit, I loved those days as a big game everyone sorta went too from halo 3 gears etc FIFA sorta exploded in that generation too. I don't think kids these days get how big the launch of halo 3 was or cod 4.
Loved the beginning of Fallout 3, that’s what sticks out in my mind the most. Wandering around the vault and taking tests etc, get to experience a bit of life in the vault.

Big contrast to Fallout 4 where you just need to escape very early on.

Some of the missions in Fallout 3 definitely stand out more compared to Fallout 4 imo. 4 felt a bit flat compared to 3.

This. Call of dutys were class back then anarl. Battlefield bad company 2 etc.

Oh yes the Battlefield games man. Incredible. I spent days of my life playing them.
Loved the beginning of Fallout 3, that’s what sticks out in my mind the most. Wandering around the vault and taking tests etc, get to experience a bit of life in the vault.

Some of the missions in Fallout 3 definitely stand out more compared to Fallout 4 imo. 4 felt a bit flat compared to 3.

I didnt get into 4 at all for some reason- maybe I just didn't have the time as by then as I was a parent.

Oh yes the Battlefield games man. Incredible. I spent days of my life playing them.

I didnt get into 4 at all for some reason- maybe I just didn't have the time as by then as I was a parent.
They tried to do different things with 4 which is fair enough, but it just didn’t grip me in the same way.

For example, the building of the settlements. Could have been a decent side option but it seemed to be quite important if I remember rightly - it was all one companion character kept going on about.

They tried to do different things with 4 which is fair enough, but it just didn’t grip me in the same way.

For example, the building of the settlements. Could have been a decent side option but it seemed to be quite important if I remember rightly - it was all one companion character kept going on about.

Ah yes forgot about the building- that was probably what put me off. Hate that sort of thing in games, just dont have the time. I like to feel like if I have spare hour on the game that i've made some progress through it. Games these days just seem like they want to pack as much in as possible for players who'd spend 20+ hours a week playing it.

fallout 3 was an utter revelation as a game for me...that first moment when you step out of the vault and look over the landscape, then realise you can just set off walking in any direction you want just to see stuff

fallout 3 and new vegas sorely need a remaster in a newer game engine imo.
The wonder of buying old games on eBay for pennies is that I only played new vegas a couple of years ago.

All that building settlements bollocks that did my head in about 4.

the initial building bit wasnt great in Fallout 4

however thanks to modding on the PC along came Sim settlements and then Sim Settlements 2 which changes the whole course of the game across 3 chapters and the entire building mechanics, so you get fully formed and dynamically upgrading settlements, no building required if its not for you

This. Call of dutys were class back then anarl. Battlefield bad company 2 etc.

Loved hammering Rush online on Bad Company 2 .

Up to episode 3 and thoroughly enjoying it. Think they’ve captured the feeling of playing Fallout 3 and love all the references. I’m going to have to start another play through I hope it’s aged well.

Back