Fallout New Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked this up again to finish it after a couple of months off and Im struggling to get into it......

Too many choices, just cant be arsed with the storyline now, just want it out of the way so I can start summat else.

Never got that feeling at all off FO3, apart from maybe on the spaceship DLC.

Yeah I think the game gets weaker as it goes on. You get to do some pretty cool stuff in Goodsprings and Primm. The stuff with the Powder Gangers is good too.

By the time you get to the Strip though there are too many choices it's annoying. There seems to be no real reason to choose Mr House and who the hell would want to sign up with Caesar's Legion?

Yeah I think the game gets weaker as it goes on. You get to do some pretty cool stuff in Goodsprings and Primm. The stuff with the Powder Gangers is good too.

By the time you get to the Strip though there are too many choices it's annoying. There seems to be no real reason to choose Mr House and who the hell would want to sign up with Caesar's Legion?

I went with Yes Man thinking I'd get to control the Strip and the Securitrons, rubbish that after the battle of Hoover Dam it was all over.

I went with Yes Man thinking I'd get to control the Strip and the Securitrons, rubbish that after the battle of Hoover Dam it was all over.

Thats my choice, I'm assuming you dont get control then? Bah.

I knew it was like FO3 where you couldnt do owt after the main story, but I'm not really bothered, whereas in FO3 I did loads of stuff before I finished the main story. In this I just want it finished. Disappointed by it tbh, did start off really well but seems to have gone downhill since I got into New Vegas.

Ah well......

I knew it was like FO3 where you couldnt do owt after the main story, but I'm not really bothered, whereas in FO3 I did loads of stuff before I finished the main story. In this I just want it finished. Disappointed by it tbh, did start off really well but seems to have gone downhill since I got into New Vegas.

Ah well......

Same. I don't think they did Vegas that well.

I did like Dead Money, mind. Though I don't think it will be everyone's cup of tea. It's alot harder than anything else on the last two Fallout games. There are alot more role playing elements too, the NPCs are good and you have to use their perks wisely.

Some people don't seem to like it though because it's too hard for them.

Same. I don't think they did Vegas that well.

I did like Dead Money, mind. Though I don't think it will be everyone's cup of tea. It's alot harder than anything else on the last two Fallout games. There are alot more role playing elements too, the NPCs are good and you have to use their perks wisely.

Some people don't seem to like it though because it's too hard for them.

I'll wait for the GOTY edition.

:-D

Ah well......

Agree with that. The more it went on the more boring it got. Basically ended up with just a bit of map with a few gangs in it. The first one rewarded you for exploring whereas this one just seemed full of places that had nothing in them.

Agree with that. The more it went on the more boring it got. Basically ended up with just a bit of map with a few gangs in it. The first one rewarded you for exploring whereas this one just seemed full of places that had nothing in them.

Enjoyed it at first, got a little bored, went back to it and finishing it felt like a chore. Potential GOTY for about 20-30 hours then very very ordinary after that.

:neutral:

Loads of shorter games to catch up on now mind. 37 hours on FNV and 50-odd on DA:O means I have some catching up to do.

The ending of the first was epic and made up for all the grafting you did all the way through it to build up to that event.

The 2nd felt like I could have just walked into NV and completed it without doing all the bullshit before hand.

Just wasn't enough to it, both in the exploring/weird places/items and the actually story line.

I havent been on in a while but just got back into it, i just killed mr house and installed the yes man, he wants me to go to caesers fort place and do something there, but they all hate me and ive got nee ammo, is there a place to buy ammo for energy weapons? cos im absolutely loaded with dosh

I havent been on in a while but just got back into it, i just killed mr house and installed the yes man, he wants me to go to caesers fort place and do something there, but they all hate me and ive got nee ammo, is there a place to buy ammo for energy weapons? cos im absolutely loaded with dosh

Aye that group in Freeside near the Kings.

See the Van Graffs in Freeside. Next to the Atomic Wrangler.

I killed them all during a brotherhood of steel quest, anywhere else? Does that robot outside the gunrunners sell energy weapons ammo?

I killed them all during a brotherhood of steel quest, anywhere else? Does that robot outside the gunrunners sell energy weapons ammo?

Cliff Briscoe in Novac often sells EW ammo, as does the guy in the Crimson Caravan compound.

Better than buying though, just go to fiend territory west of Vegas. They all use Laser rifles and RCWs so tend to carry loads. You can get a heap of the stuff in Repconn Headquarters too

Gunrunners (the place thats the hut with the droid inside?) are were I sold all my stuff and bought ammo from. They regen ammo over time too from what I could tell so just keep quick moving elsewhere then going back.

Just finished it and boy, what a crock of shite the ending was! Plus you can't even carry on after the story ends. Not a patch on fallout 3.:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back