"Fake" beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Alfred

Striker
As in supermarket own brands. Anyone like any of them? I quite like the St Etienne lager that Aldi do. Tastes like a proper French beer, which tbf it probably is. Anyone know who brews it....i have a vague recollection of tasting something similar in the Brittany area.

I think the trick is finding out which brewery do them, and if it’s a canny brewery the chances are it’ll be a canny beer.

Seem to remember M&S had an own brand Belgian beer that was brewed by the same brewery who do Delerium Tremens. They even stuck a pink elephant on the label as a clue.

As in supermarket own brands. Anyone like any of them? I quite like the St Etienne lager that Aldi do. Tastes like a proper French beer, which tbf it probably is. Anyone know who brews it....i have a vague recollection of tasting something similar in the Brittany area.
Belgian I think mate brewed by AB InBev .

Beaten again:(

Last edited:

I like St Etienne and Steinhauser from Aldi and Perlenbacher from Lidl. Much prefer them to the cheap branded lagers anyway. The bottles of ipa and stuff for a quid are fine as well.

Asda Pilsner in the silver cans is decent

That is surprisingly nice.

Sainsbury's do a 4.8% French lager in stubbies which is also good but I can't remember the name of it.

I agree, this is nice. I’ve been drinking the small tins of ‘The 1079 Project’ which is great. £2.49 for 4 330ml cans.

All brewed under license I think, it's shite here never mind abroad.

I was thinking the reverse....they don't taste quite the same when brewed in a different country, although a relative of mine who runs a micro brewery in one of his pubs reckons you can make them all but identical wherever they're brewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back