Face coverings in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed it is common sense to cover your mouth when sneezing/coughing. It's never been common sense to use a mask to do so.
its never been common sense to stay indoors to stop the spread of a virus either.....
I took my lead from the countries that were ahead of us in the game and had experience of SARS - that is common sense. they wore masks and low and behold they didnt have the staggering death toll that we did. ( i'm not saying this is just down to masks, obviously they also didnt have to deal with a conservative government hell bent on proving some point or other )

japan - 982
south korea - 289
taiwan - 7
uk - 45000

think March April the country at the top was just in tatters sort of running around like headless chickens fair play I think they’ve managed to get it under control now and they are planning a head which I agree with if the masks help prevent another outbreak then they need to be used in certain environments

it shouldn’t be if people have to wear them in shops to keep people safe help towards stopping another outbreak and get us back to normal faster then we need to wear them
That’s the entire point. If it helps us get back to normal quicker, I’d prefer the inconvenience. I miss doing fun things, I’ll wear a mask if it means we get there a month earlier

right now, I’d probably wear a mag top if it got us there

Who was it on here was cancelling their Scottish holiday as face masks was the 'last straw' ? :lol: :lol: , presumably they'll be going nowhere now. Simple measure that should have been introduced at the same time all over UK, but Boris was too busy trying to be a libertarian wannabee mini-Trump and playing political games instead of just agreeing with Scotland's health decisions straight away ;).
You mean like Nicola followed England making masks compulsory on public transport? 🤔
I've seen this doing the rounds on facebook. Completely false, but people believe it.

Logon or register to see this image
Why give it oxygen by sharing it on here

Last edited:
think March April the country at the top was just in tatters sort of running around like headless chickens fair play I think they’ve managed to get it under control now and they are planning a head which I agree with if the masks help prevent another outbreak then they need to be used in certain environments

it shouldn’t be if people have to wear them in shops to keep people safe help towards stopping another outbreak and get us back to normal faster then we need to wear them
24th June last update on the gov UK site "Evidence suggests that wearing a face covering does not protect you". - someone needs to update the page if they now think differently

Seems bizarre that the government have been defended on so many questionable decisions but some of those that defended those decisions are unhappy about this one
Hope you’re not including me in that! Have worn a mask will continue to do so but don’t like doing so

Government has to make the calls we need to get on and make them happen

Hate wearing them. Steam up your glasses.

worn them since before lockdown. Will continue to wear them for the foreseeable. Can’t see the problem tbh. The only wailing fannies I can see are the ones that don’t want to wear them

If they steam up your glasses then they don’t fit you correctly or you are not wearing it correctly. Look for a mask that is scooped out under the eyes and which fits tightly over your nose. Try Maskateers on Facebook as they can make one for you, but they have been inundated with orders since the decision to make them compulsory in shops. Which reminds me that I have forty sitting on my dining room table waiting to be sewed together!

That’s the entire point. If it helps us get back to normal quicker, I’d prefer the inconvenience. I miss doing fun things, I’ll wear a mask if it means we get there a month earlier

right now, I’d probably wear a mag top if it got us there
Everybody has to draw the line somewhere. You sir, have gone running through it. A mag top?
Its all very confusing and you can understand folk for not having much confidence. I've just checked my spreadsheet. April County Durham and Sunderland recorded over 1000 cases pillar one yet nothing done yet now we are recording single figures (most days 0) and we see these rules enforced now. Just find it all hard to understand why now and not in April when places were on their arse? I'm just a tad bemused nothing was done during the peak. Be interesting to see how this affects the high street.
Yup it is confusing. That's why the government should've followed SAGE recommendations and had the experts giving public advice around measures to combat Covid and the reasons behind it rather than politicians taking a lead.
Totally agree with masks wearing being a delayed response, evidence was becoming apparent around May and WHO changed recommendations early June. I see people jumping on the fact that random sampling trials haven't been done which normally I'd agree with, but that just isn't possible in a global pandemic for this. There is vast amounts of lower quality evidence from around the world though.

Everybody has to draw the line somewhere. You sir, have gone running through it. A mag top?

Yup it is confusing. That's why the government should've followed SAGE recommendations and had the experts giving public advice around measures to combat Covid and the reasons behind it rather than politicians taking a lead.
Totally agree with masks wearing being a delayed response, evidence was becoming apparent around May and WHO changed recommendations early June. I see people jumping on the fact that random sampling trials haven't been done which normally I'd agree with, but that just isn't possible in a global pandemic for this. There is vast amounts of lower quality evidence from around the world though.
I don’t mean it. Sorry. Burn me

I actually had a ticket for that game through work, glad I didn’t go
I've said it on here a few times now but I haven't took much noticed of "the rules" or "guidelines" whatever you want to call them and simply reverted to applying what I percieve to be common sense and keeping out the way of built up areas (supermarket late evening for example) and going for walks up the fields out the way of the cycle paths/walkways etc. People on here are now suddenly backing up the science saying "follow the science" yet for months have hammered the government (science) for the high death tolls. I've tried defending them and I'm now criticising them. It's gone full circle with some including myself, but different ways.

Order them now before morons stockpile them all and is none left, I just got two washable ones on ASOS for £12, they will do.

I've said it on here a few times now but I haven't took much noticed of "the rules" or "guidelines" whatever you want to call them and simply reverted to applying what I percieve to be common sense and keeping out the way of built up areas (supermarket late evening for example) and going for walks up the fields out the way of the cycle paths/walkways etc. People on here are now suddenly backing up the science saying "follow the science" yet for months have hammered the government (science) for the high death tolls. I've tried defending them and I'm now criticising them. It's gone full circle with some including myself, but different ways.
I said yesterday that you have clearly done the right thing. Sadly lots haven’t (from protestors to drinkers to people on beaches)

whilst I take your second point, I’m gonna simplify it. There is literally no down side to wearing one inside. It can only help us get back to normal quicker. Even if it stops 5% of cases only, that’s got to be a good thing.

I will hammer the government for incompetence. Furlough aside, I think they’ve been a f***ing disaster

24th June last update on the gov UK site "Evidence suggests that wearing a face covering does not protect you". - someone needs to update the page if they now think differently

Masks don’t protect you, unless it’s an N95.

This has been explained to you and others loads. They’re about protecting other people.

Listening to radio 5live and police phoning in about how it’s going to be difficult to enforce this!

they said the same about wearing masks onpublic transport and it hasn’t been a problem so why will it be in shops

in my experience make something the law and the majority of joe public will comply with it and self police it as well

just bloody well get on with it and make it happen!

I said yesterday that you have clearly done the right thing. Sadly lots haven’t (from protestors to drinkers to people on beaches)

whilst I take your second point, I’m gonna simplify it. There is literally no down side to wearing one inside. It can only help us get back to normal quicker. Even if it stops 5% of cases only, that’s got to be a good thing.

I will hammer the government for incompetence. Furlough aside, I think they’ve been a f***ing disaster
Yes but you can't wear one inside a pub or restaurant yet I have to wear one in Asda. Just smacks of making it up as they go along.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back