F1 2022

Was an engineer there for years (albeit a good one and headed up the engine department during the 00's domination period). He must have clearly been decent at that job. Was silly to panic promote him to team leader.

Ferrari need to stop hiring yes men from within the company, the last handful have now failed; Mattiacci (I had to google him as I'd almost forgotten he was there just for 1 season!), Arrivabene and now Binotto.

Need to hire senior people from outside the organisation who are prepared to shake things up (such as what Todt and Brawn did), otherwise they'll just bob about as 2nd/3rd best for years.

Last edited:
Was an engineer there for years (albeit a good one and headed up the engine department during the 00's domination period).

geeky looking fcuker...

Logon or register to see this image

Need to hire senior people from outside the organisation who are prepared to shake things up (such as what Todt and Brawn did), otherwise they'll just bob about as 2nd/3rd best for years.
if they're half decent they'll come with a massive gardening leave. although i can think of one person who is available from the start of 2023 (when binotto actually leaves).

Last edited:
geeky looking fcuker...

Should have been kept in that role. A big loss.

Same as Aldo Costa, was chopped mid 2011 after a few bad years despite having been responsible for 8 constructors winning cars there, then promptly joined Mercedes and we know what happened next...

Ferrari management and setup is a mess. Highly talented people are let down by the system; either given responsibility beyond their remit or aren't given enough/are pushed out far too hastily.

Fred Vasseur is getting it, already done, just not announced

What’s done is done. We move on. We who are fans of the Scuderia Ferrari (I doubt anywhere else) are now just looking to hope and pray he’s a little bit better than Binotto. If he can lead the team to fighting for the podium places, if he can have us in the top 4/5 regularly, then he will be considered an improvement on Mattio. They won’t win races in 2023 as we have Red Bull to thank for that, and besides it’s a case of building from scratch now that the team could have someone new in place. But if Ferrari can be up close to fighting for 3rd then Ferrari will have had a good year next year.
geeky looking fcuker...

if they're half decent they'll come with a massive gardening leave. although i can think of one person who is available from the start of 2023 (when binotto actually leaves).

I am sure they will be able to tear themselves from their horticultural activities. But who do you think it is?

Last edited:
What’s done is done. We move on. We who are fans of the Scuderia Ferrari (I doubt anywhere else) are now just looking to hope and pray he’s a little bit better than Binotto. If he can lead the team to fighting for the podium places, if he can have us in the top 4/5 regularly, then he will be considered an improvement on Mattio. They won’t win races in 2023 as we have Red Bull to thank for that, and besides it’s a case of building from scratch now that the team could have someone new in place. But if Ferrari can be up close to fighting for 3rd then Ferrari will have had a good year next year.

I am sure they will be able to tear themselves from their horticultural activities. But who do you think it is?
What? Ferrari were battling for podiums and wins under Binotto they were top 4 and 5 as you’ve put it

Fighting for 3rd would be a step down from finishing 2nd in the constructors this year

Back