F1 2022

First negative comment on Hamilton after so much vitriol about MV, even if it wasn't tongue in cheek as the thread regulars know, is hardly evidence of an 'obsession'. You clearly have that and having done a search can find nothing to back it up. So many predicted a Hamilton win (as ever), as such a 'huge MV fan' I backed LeClerc. Don't let the facts get in the way though. MV 1st or 15th makes no difference to me, I backed him in last season's championship, therefore I'm obsessed...reeto.
Mind, I didn't predict a win. I thought there was decent value in a small bet on that outcome.
I thought Leclerc would win.

How come Perez is under investigation for pulling alongside the SC itself, totally safely. But Max was pissing about at 160mph playing VSC chicken with Norris, but that's perfectly ok?

SAFTEY CAR - its in the title.

First negative comment on Hamilton after so much vitriol about MV, even if it wasn't tongue in cheek as the thread regulars know, is hardly evidence of an 'obsession'. You clearly have that and having done a search can find nothing to back it up. So many predicted a Hamilton win (as ever), as such a 'huge MV fan' I backed LeClerc. Don't let the facts get in the way though. MV 1st or 15th makes no difference to me, I backed him in last season's championship, therefore I'm obsessed...reeto.

I’ve never said obsessed, I’ve never done any search, and I have no idea (or care) regarding who you backed in this race, or last season.

My comment is based upon what I (and others seemingly) have seen as a canny childish ‘ner ner ner ner’ comment regarding Hamilton hitting the wall whereas Verstappen didn’t.

By the by, I’m not going to get involved in a petty argument over it and derail the thread. I just found it childish.

McMackem: You have already, but then I'll not answer and leave it at that...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the immense dislike of MV also derives from the team his drives for (odious language users and steward influencing wronguns - they are the mags of F1) and even to a lesser extent the fact his father in law is a racist scumbag who MV did not condemn at all.

There are a lot of parallels between the hatred people have for him and his team in the same way people hated young Schumacher when he drove for the shithouses Benneton in the early/mid 90s with Briatorie etc.

Both brilliant drivers but surrounded by pricks and rule benders.

I forgot about his Father in Law as well. Not a great bunch all round.

How come Perez is under investigation for pulling alongside the SC itself, totally safely. But Max was pissing about at 160mph playing VSC chicken with Norris, but that's perfectly ok?

SAFTEY CAR - its in the title.

level of danger differs I think, cars alongside on VSC shouldn't happen, but SC is a level of danger above. Rules is rules though, it would be simpler allowing no overlap under sc.vsc conditions.

Back