F1 2022

See I'm not a fan of Hamilton personally. I find him to be hypocritical and snidey personality wise, but I still realise that he is one of the best racing drivers ever. I thought the same about Schumacher back in the day too. Probably feel the same about Verstappen but it takes me a while to cultivate a grudge and Max hasn't been around long enough for me to think that way about him 🤣

I get that opinion that people have of Hamilton too. I like him, but he gets on my tits with some of his twisting, and is often very hypocritical.

I find Verstappen, his Dad, Horner, and Marko to be utter bellends. Supremely quick driver

Aye people laughed, like I said he is disliked on here for being a canny odious personality.

My point isn’t about that, it’s about the extremely childish “well at least he didn’t crash like Hamilton”.

Never mind though :lol:

I think the immense dislike of MV also derives from the team his drives for (odious language users and steward influencing wronguns - they are the mags of F1) and even to a lesser extent the fact his father in law is a racist scumbag who MV did not condemn at all.

There are a lot of parallels between the hatred people have for him and his team in the same way people hated young Schumacher when he drove for the shithouses Benneton in the early/mid 90s with Briatorie etc.

Both brilliant drivers but surrounded by pricks and rule benders.

Last edited:
Aye people laughed, like I said he is disliked on here for being a canny odious personality.

My point isn’t about that, it’s about the extremely childish “well at least he didn’t crash like Hamilton”.

Never mind though :lol:

First negative comment on Hamilton after so much vitriol about MV, even if it wasn't tongue in cheek as the thread regulars know, is hardly evidence of an 'obsession'. You clearly have that and having done a search can find nothing to back it up. So many predicted a Hamilton win (as ever), as such a 'huge MV fan' I backed LeClerc. Don't let the facts get in the way though. MV 1st or 15th makes no difference to me, I backed him in last season's championship, therefore I'm obsessed...reeto.

First negative comment on Hamilton after so much vitriol about MV, even if it wasn't tongue in cheek as the thread regulars know, is hardly evidence of an 'obsession'. You clearly have that and having done a search can find nothing to back it up. So many predicted a Hamilton win (as ever), as such a 'huge MV fan' I backed LeClerc. Don't let the facts get in the way though. MV 1st or 15th makes no difference to me, I backed him in last season's championship, therefore I'm obsessed...reeto.
Haway lads don’t fall out

This thread is one of the best on the board after the strictly thread

I think the immense dislike of MV also derives from the team his drives for (odious language users and steward influencing wronguns - they are the mags of F1) and even to a lesser extent the fact his father in law is a racist scumbag who MV did not condemn at all.

That doesn't really work though, hugely successful team can't be compared to trophyless mags, but I get what you mean.

Back