F1 2022

Might be of interest if anyone fancied going to the Spanish GP

Canny deal that.

I'd have been potentially interested as Barcelona is still on my list of GPs to attend, having done a fair few of the european ones over the last ten years. However I'm going back to Hungary again this year.

That's a cracking deal. Cost me and my mate about the same in 2018 but we had transfers etc to add on.

Something to watch out for is the track is a dry one. No alcohol permitted and none on sale inside. Its also not very accessible if you have any mobility issues as its on a plateau and the bus/car parking is at the bottom. When we were there it pissed down overnight and the walkways inside the track were like a mud bath in some places.

No drink in the circuit wouldn't bother me tbh, second time at silverstone I camped with a mate at woodlands, ended up getting hammered on the saturday night to the point we still woke up drunk, sun was beating down on the Sunday and we kept drinking at the track. Apparently Rosberg won (2013) but I can hardly remember as was canny drunk and kept dozing off for half the race in a camping chair. Mind you I suspect a lot of it was due to tiredness and lack of sleep since arriving on the Wednesday afternoon.

At the Shields game last night my lass said someone she knows at another workplace might be able to get tickets for the British GP. But we will only be going if they are less than £200 each if I understood correctly. So they will be bought and we I think would have to pay this friend back the price of the ticket. I could be completely wrong.

Looks like it is a no-go anyway.
I usually go from Thursday to Monday morning so need weekend tickets , I’m reluctantly accepting it’s not happening now

New car reveal alert…

Bit sooner than expected, this is just gonna be the ‘21 car in new colours, right?
It won’t be the 21 car as it wouldn’t fit the basic specs. It’ll be a very stripped back version of the 22 car, so probably nigh on identical to the concept car the FIA released. First release will get major publicity due to the reg changes which is why it’ll be so early

It won’t be the 21 car as it wouldn’t fit the basic specs. It’ll be a very stripped back version of the 22 car, so probably nigh on identical to the concept car the FIA released. First release will get major publicity due to the reg changes which is why it’ll be so early
It wouldn't surprise me if the FIA provided each of the teams a rolling chassis for the livery launches knowing so much needs to be kept under wraps till after testing is finished.

Why don’t they just compromise and agree to shove the whole idea up the arse of Masi on his way out? It’s the biggest load of shite to hit this sport in many a year
Must admit, I really don't care about sprint races. They have the new regs to think about, and how to actually run the sport properly as well.
Sprint racing seems to be something that shouldn't really be on the agenda at the moment.

Those sidepod inlets are tiny. From above it has a bigger waistline than me, but that could be the colours.

Looks a very clean design, no way is that the final car.

Back