F1 2021

He's on for a pasting for nothing regardless of what he does/says.

The amount of non F1 related news rags putting out Hamilton bashing articles (massively clipping/skewing things he's said) to gander rage from thickos is concerning.

Seen an article shared on Facebook this morning (by that JOE website or whatever it's called) claiming that Grenfell survivors are 'livid' at him personally due to Merc announcing their new sponsorship deal with Kingspan (the cladding company). :lol:

The amount of pelters he gets is embarrassing. We as the UK dominate (from both a drivers and team point of view) at the fastest growing global sport over the last few years by viewing figures and the UK press are first to slate everything about our top performers in it based on their fashion sense or interests outside of racing.

Last edited:
It's almost like people have another reason for not liking Lewis that they don't want to acknowledge, so find other reasons to have a go at him. Wonder what it could be.
Because he lives in Monaco? Norris moving there is fine, maybe because he is from Stevenage? Nah.
Couldn’t possibly be the colour of his skin, could it?

Does the track look a bit narrow, or is it just the camera & it’s the safety car?

Overcooked the hairpin at 1:15 and 2:15 I noticed :lol:

That part of the track just before the final turn looks like it could be a rear right killer. Full throttle in an F1 car and a long constant radius fast corner. Could see some blowouts.

Don’t think it’s hugely narrow but there again all of these street circuits are pretty skinny. Can definitely see some safety cars.

He's on for a pasting for nothing regardless of what he does/says.

The amount of non F1 related news rags putting out Hamilton bashing articles (massively clipping/skewing things he's said) to gander rage from thickos is concerning.

Seen an article shared on Facebook this morning (by that JOE website or whatever it's called) claiming that Grenfell survivors are 'livid' at him personally due to Merc announcing their new sponsorship deal with Kingspan (the cladding company). :lol:

The amount of pelters he gets is embarrassing. We as the UK dominate (from both a drivers and team point of view) at the fastest growing global sport over the last few years by viewing figures and the UK press are first to slate everything about our top performers in it based on their fashion sense or interests outside of racing.
Not his biggest fan, but it's brilliant the way he has used his high profile to raise this issue. Just by changing his helmet it's got people talking and that's a good thing. Think seb did similar in Russia. It's a nice alternative to stars like Beckham selling out to these sports washing events.
For the race ...... I hope I am wrong ... But

It's a high speed track, high speed corners and hot. That means tyre wear is high. Mercs will be faster, RB will be better through the corners. Without incidents I can see max destroying his tyres and Lewis is a more gentle driver and will keep his alive. So it's 1 Hamilton 2 Verstappen 3) Perez . Botas is shit and could finish anywhere including a crash into max or Lewis.

Last edited:
Not his biggest fan, but it's brilliant the way he has used his high profile to raise this issue. Just by changing his helmet it's got people talking and that's a good thing. Think seb did similar in Russia. It's a nice alternative to stars like Beckham selling out to these sports washing events.
For the race ...... I hope I am wrong ... But

It's a high speed track, high speed corners and hot. That means tyre wear is high. Mercs will be faster, RB will be better through the corners. Without incidents I can see max destroying his tyres and Lewis is a more gentle driver and will keep his alive. So it's 1 Hamilton 2 Verstappen 3) Perez . Botas is shit and could finish anywhere including a crash into max or Lewis.
I think destroying tyres could have a greater impact on Max than just dropping back, as has already been said, safety cars and red flags are almost guaranteed, which will in turn bunch the field up. So if he needs to make an additional pit stop, it's going to be a lot harder to get back into 2nd than it was in Qatar for example.

Having said that, I think this is going to be a very unpredictable weekend, and both yours and my scenarios depend on a conventional race. I think we could very well see a huge change in the overall championship picture in either direction this weekend.

You are right it could something as silly as driver A pits, there's a safety car and driver B pits. Plus as you say a safety car is likely then there is no point wasting rubber to open up a gap if you are leading the race. Could be a case of the 2nd driver dictating the pace and the front drive reacting and trying to mirror tactics .

What, and cause all the staff at the team to lose their WCC bonus? I notice nobody is suggesting Vettel shouldn't race, even though he's obviously unhappy too.

But everyone picks out Lewis. I wonder why.
So it's all about money then? I mean those poor F1 drivers wouldn't be able to cover those costs would they... :cool:

I am guessing that because Hamilton is the most high profile, outspoken and British is the reason he tends to get more attention. Just a hunch....

So it's all about money then? I mean those poor F1 drivers wouldn't be able to cover those costs would they... :cool:

I am guessing that because Hamilton is the most high profile, outspoken and British is the reason he tends to get more attention. Just a hunch....
Aye of course it is.

Where’s your anger for Lando moving to Monaco?

Why aren’t you demanding that Russell boycotts this race?

Why aren’t you demanding Vettel boycotts the race?

Back