F1 2021

Just seen end of Formula E race in Monaco. I think you would be hard pressed to imagine F1 doing what they did. Frijns, Da Costa and Mitch Evans all battling for the lead. I lost count of the number of times the lead changed hands and the end from the exit of the tunnel to the line on the last lap was absolutely epic. If that wasn't enough Robin Frijns takes second place from Jaguar's Mitch Evans ON THE LINE!

Also brilliant I thought was the season opener to the F3.

Told you it was a goodun.

I really wish everyone else would block him too, it ruins the thread and I can't even see what the knobhead is posting.

Yeah, it's a shame. There's some really knowledgeable people about F1 on this thread and I follow the thread because I really enjoy reading it and understanding a sport I like even more. It's tedious when half of your notifications are for responses to people who are just looking to be contrary for the sake of it.

One of the interesting things I learned from his interview with Brundle this weekend was that Hamilton only does 20-30 laps in the simulator every year. He also doesn't bother walking the track - "waste of energy". This seems to pale into comparison with the rest of the top drivers, in particular Verstappen who gave the impression he lived in the simulator during lockdown last year.

Clearly, there's other areas he works extremely hard at, but at times it seems like he's a total anomaly. I remember during the Vettel and Schumacher years of dominance, there was this idea that they were more dedicated and more advanced in terms of their preparation than anyone else. With Hamilton, he seems more like a throwback.

One of the interesting things I learned from his interview with Brundle this weekend was that Hamilton only does 20-30 laps in the simulator every year. He also doesn't bother walking the track - "waste of energy". This seems to pale into comparison with the rest of the top drivers, in particular Verstappen who gave the impression he lived in the simulator during lockdown last year.

Clearly, there's other areas he works extremely hard at, but at times it seems like he's a total anomaly. I remember during the Vettel and Schumacher years of dominance, there was this idea that they were more dedicated and more advanced in terms of their preparation than anyone else. With Hamilton, he seems more like a throwback.
Seemed to be driven more by his mental preparation for the weekend. Part of him leaving McLaren was for more 'freedom', this change clearly suits him far more.

Almost like he turns up on friday sets the car up, put it on pole saturday, win on sunday. Go skiing or fly to america for a week then repeat.

Yeah, it's a shame. There's some really knowledgeable people about F1 on this thread and I follow the thread because I really enjoy reading it and understanding a sport I like even more. It's tedious when half of your notifications are for responses to people who are just looking to be contrary for the sake of it.
Goodbye.
I made the mistake of taking him off ignore to see if he had stopped posting total crap, today has shown I have my answer.
Goodbye.

He definitely knows what works for him. It shows how much is instinct for him now. Lando did an interview not long back talking about things he's learnt from other drivers since starting in F1, and alluded to how to drive harder, but still preserve tyre life, which is one of Lewis's greatest skills.

In a sport of marginal gains, if you can isolate one and eliminate it as a drag on performance you have a lead before you even turn a wheel.

lewis does not use visualisation either to drive the track in his head he drives it in his car - seems sensible

Say what you want about Hamilton but there’s not another driver currently on the grid who could do what he does week in week out.

Aye his cars been the best for a while now but he’s just absolutely phenomenal at what he does. I think sometimes people just look too much at the car and don’t quite give him the credit he deserves, particularly those who don’t watch f1 or a lot of it.

Anyone else but Lewis in that Mercedes this season and I think Max would be flying away with the drivers championship. Obviously he can still take it but I don’t think he’s got that bit extra Lewis can bring when it really matters.

I’m really enjoying this season so far though. Been miles more competitive. Lewis is having to work hard for the points.

Say what you want about Hamilton but there’s not another driver currently on the grid who could do what he does week in week out.

Aye his cars been the best for a while now but he’s just absolutely phenomenal at what he does. I think sometimes people just look too much at the car and don’t quite give him the credit he deserves, particularly those who don’t watch f1 or a lot of it.

Anyone else but Lewis in that Mercedes this season and I think Max would be flying away with the drivers championship. Obviously he can still take it but I don’t think he’s got that bit extra Lewis can bring when it really matters.

I’m really enjoying this season so far though. Been miles more competitive. Lewis is having to work hard for the points.
This ^
I’d also say that the Ferrari in 2017,18 and half of 19 was the fastest car (through cheating), -and IMO Lewis would have won those two Championships with that car. He out raced Vettel on the track and mentally, and I think he’ll do the same with Max, but would win the championship in that Red Bull.

Sky did a top bottom split screen lap showing Rosberg and Hamilton steering action in about 2015

Their times were very similar.

Rosberg sawed at the wheel in nearly every corner whereas Hamilton drove round it like he was on his way to church.

The conclusion was that Hamiltons smoother approach was less testing on the tyres thereby giving greater longevity.

Interesting to see that Hamilton has gone that route in recent years. Back when he and Button were together at Braun, Button was the smooth driver while Hamilton was the one that was heavy on his tires IIRC.

Back