F1 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

His race craft is exceptional and Verstappen needs to take note - by the same point in his career, i.e. 6th season, Hamilton had won one, lost one and was about to run riot.

Good point
Very good point. I think Verstappen's reputation took a major hit yesterday.

In a race that really should have been his for the taking, he had a tantrum about qualifying second, then botched the start and showed such poor race craft and temperament. He had pace, but no patience, then lost his head a bit leading to multiple errors.

Apparently his front wing had been set up wrongly by 7 degrees on one side, making the car horribly unbalanced, so not entirely his fault.

Last edited:
Very good point. I think Verstappen's reputation took a major hit yesterday.#

In a race that really should have been his for the taking, he had a tantrum about qualifying second, then botched the start and showed such poor race craft and temperament. He had pace, but no patience, then lost his head a bit leading to multiple errors.

Apparently his front wing had been set up 7 degrees off on one side, making the car horribly unbalanced, so not entirely his fault.

Not sure where you’ve heard that from, but cannot be true. The wing doesn’t even rotate a full 7 degrees at maximum differential, I’m pretty sure.

Very good point. I think Verstappen's reputation took a major hit yesterday.#

Apparently his front wing had been set up 7 degrees off on one side, making the car horribly unbalanced, so not entirely his fault.
I think Max will learn, but there's no doubt he's still making silly mistakes which he needs to iron out. The flip side is he's great value to watch.

Not sure where you’ve heard that from, but cannot be true. The wing doesn’t even rotate a full 7 degrees at maximum differential, I’m pretty sure.

The man himself in the Dutch media.

Front wing setting error hurt Verstappen in Turkey
Logon or register to see this image

Have a look at the two sides, I think you can even see the difference, particularly the little vertical members protruding up, about 3/4 of the way out from the nose on each side. The right hand one as we look at it appears to be tipped backwards compared to the other side, and the wing looks flatter.

Last edited:
Russell has 10 turns of front wing taken out during practice.
Maybe there's gearing or whatever, but no reason to think 1 Turn = 1 degree

Have red bull given any indication when they’re gonna making their minds up over their two remaining seats?

I thought they’d indicated they’d have it all done and dusted by turkey?

For all the complaints from drivers about the tarmac I think it just added to the excitement of the race.

This season has been a great advert for a change in the calendar too. I’m happy with a lot of the tracks but I think it’s showed how good European races can be outside of summer

Reactions: PTR
For all the complaints from drivers about the tarmac I think it just added to the excitement of the race.

This season has been a great advert for a change in the calendar too. I’m happy with a lot of the tracks but I think it’s showed how good European races can be outside of summer
Such a shame the new owners only really care about money. They'll simply take the most cash they can get.

When they came in, they said they'd shun "pay races" in favour of what's best for the fans/sport. I don't think its going to happen.

Such a shame the new owners only really care about money. They'll simply take the most cash they can get.

When they came in, they said they'd shun "pay races" in favour of what's best for the fans/sport. I don't think its going to happen.
Absolutely. Despite a budget cap it looks like the sport will go on to raise far more in the future than ever before. That’s obviously discounting this season with Covid.

Apparently we're getting a new safety car next season, or for half of next season. Aston Martin are to share safety car responsibilities with Merc from 2021 on wards...

not sure what the comparable Aston would be?

Apparently we're getting a new safety car next season, or for half of next season. Aston Martin are to share safety car responsibilities with Merc from 2021 on wards...

not sure what the comparable Aston would be?

maybe the vantage? They brought out a 4x4 hybrid type thing too but that might be too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back