F1 2020

Schumacher junior and Mazepin for Haas.

F1 changing the license point system allows Mazepin to qualify for F1.

No sign of impropriety or any whiff of pound notes at all.

Nothing to see here move along now
Would Marzipan have got the points if not for Covid? I'm sure I heard that, but haven't followed it this year at all tbh.
Not surprised about MSjr, but I really thought they'd have the sense to bring a really good driver in alongside him to help them develop the car - Perez or Hulk.
Silly decision imo, its not like Perez doesn't bring money too.

Would Marzipan have got the points if not for Covid? I'm sure I heard that, but haven't followed it this year at all tbh.
Not surprised about MSjr, but I really thought they'd have the sense to bring a really good driver in alongside him to help them develop the car - Perez or Hulk.

If Perez is allowed to leave F1 it's a travesty.

Hulk experience surely a consideration, although Perez seems the quicker of the two.

Surely Albon hasn't done enough to retain the Red Bull drive and Perez could shore up the bonkers clog.

F1 changing the license point system allows Mazepin to qualify for F1.
i'd read that the fia were planning on changing the time period for all drivers (in all categories) to accumulate points from only the last 3 years, to 3 from the last 4... has something else changed for mazepin specifically?
Surely Albon hasn't done enough to retain the Red Bull drive and Perez could shore up the bonkers clog.
albon's saving grace might be their history of having a trigger finger, brundle alluded to it at the weekend that at some point marko needs to put faith in his program and not be so hasty. its hardly marko's fault if perez finds the music stops and he's still standing. hulk is quoted as saying he's heard nothing (bluff?).

Last edited:
i'd read that the fia were planning on changing the time period for all drivers (in all categories) to accumulate points from only the last 3 years, to 3 from the last 4... has something else changed for mazepin specifically?

Something about the number of points required for the licence being reduced.

A cynic would say:

1. A box office headcase in F1 is seen as a good thing.
2. Pop Maz has weighed someone in

I think Hulkenberg has had his time now. 179 starts and no podiums is not really impressive. I agree on Perez.

I think Hulkenberg has had his time now. 179 starts and no podiums is not really impressive. I agree on Perez.
I think Hulk would really help them with the car. But I agree, he's not even 2nd tier. I'd take Perez over him before considering the money he brings on top.

Something about the number of points required for the licence being reduced.

A cynic would say:

1. A box office headcase in F1 is seen as a good thing.
2. Pop Maz has weighed someone in
1. KMag for NMaz, fair swap, Kevin had started to lose his headcase edge a bit

2. It was either get him into Haas or Daddypin was going to have to buy half of Racing Point off Lawrence Stroll, who in comparison is impoverished. Imagine the dream team, Stroll and Mazepin

Have a look at the two sides, I think you can even see the difference, particularly the little vertical members protruding up, about 3/4 of the way out from the nose on each side. The right hand one as we look at it appears to be tipped backwards compared to the other side, and the wing looks flatter.
indeed...

Logon or register to see this image

ps.
is it just me, or do the cars look more aesthetically pleasing with a bit of tread on the tyres? although the grooved tyres looked shit btw...

Last edited:
indeed...

Logon or register to see this image

ps.
is it just me, or do the cars look more aesthetically pleasing with a bit of tread on the tyres? although the grooved tyres looked shit btw...
Tremendous demonstration, I knew I wasn't imagining it.

That tread pattern looks quite nice. There's a video on the FIA's YouTube of a now-2022 F1 car in the Sauber wind tunnel last year and its far prettier than these cars. I realised part of it is because the overall concept was designed to have a halo and was designed around it with fluid lines flowing through it, looks way more sleek than plonking a big thong on some already slightly boxy cars.

thought i'd check the start time for the race on sunday, pretty standard 14:10 lights out... for some reason the second race the following weekend is at 17:10 while the Abu Dhabi the week after is 13:10 - f1tv keeping people on their toes?

thought i'd check the start time for the race on sunday, pretty standard 14:10 lights out... for some reason the second race the following weekend is at 17:10 while the Abu Dhabi the week after is 13:10 - f1tv keeping people on their toes?
I am pretty sure the 2nd is under the lights. Should be a good idea in theory as it means the tyres might act differently as the temp will go down slightly.

Back