F1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem may be though that one team see's an edge that gives them a head shoulders advantage (ie. brawn 09)...
At least the new regs were created specifically to allow close racing. For the first time, the FIA have a real R&D team working on it, rather than just guessing like they did before.

Mind, the last regs were OBVIOUSLY stupid from the get-go. Bigger cars, bigger wings to be faster - that was always going to make it harder to overtake.

Grippier tyres and some ground effect to keep the speeds up, and move the balance away from too much aero should make a huge difference.

To be honest it was the only exciting thing that's happened this year. Mercedes and the hybrid engines have ruined Formula one for me
The Merc engine that isn’t as quick or powerful as the Ferrari engine? Yeah it has been the best power unit it isn’t this season and has been on par with Ferrari for the last year or so but hasn’t really been dominant since 2016.

Merc have developed a superior car and chassis, an even better chassis than the RBR

On the penalty Seb championed for Max to have the same penalty against Kimi last year in Japan so the hypocrite can fuck off moaning about his weekend.

Seen that Ferrari forgot to mention to Leclerc that Seb had a 5 second penalty.

Last edited:
Merc have developed a superior car and chassis, an even better chassis than the RBR
i quite like that secret aero guy who has written once or twice for the beebs website, pointing out how trends flow through the sport and if "a name" does something everyone follows - such as Newey with his love of a large rake - which the grid now has bar one team (merc obvs).

i think mercs chassis engineering gets very little press due to assumptions about the engine and\or drivers... see Williams & Kubica as exhibit (a).

highly recommend the beyond the grid episode with james allison...

i quite like that secret aero guy who has written once or twice for the beebs website, pointing out how trends flow through the sport and if "a name" does something everyone follows - such as Newey with his love of a large rake - which the grid now has bar one team (merc obvs).

i think mercs chassis engineering gets very little press due to assumptions about the engine and\or drivers... see Williams & Kubica as exhibit (a).

This discussion is why I love F1. Its so f***ing complicated. There's a million things that happen which all contribute.

Small changes here and there, and then you get to see how it works on the track - means that all the way down the grid, something is happening every race.

People who only care about the race winner are missing so much of the point.

Read the secret aero about the rake, fascinating read. James Allison Beyond the Grid was an excellent listen too.

I love all the technical stuff around F1

People who only care about the race winner are missing so much of the point.
ferrari & merc declining to get involved in that netflix series kinda made it a far better series for this reason, there were so many interesting stories they could focus on rather than the obvious stuff that get rehashed week in week out at the sharp end.

when guenther steiner got on the radio at the weekend to defend the people not drivng that car you've got a much better understanding of him & what he may have said from the netflix stuff.

ferrari & merc declining to get involved in that netflix series kinda made it a far better series for this reason, there were so many interesting stories they could focus on rather than the obvious stuff that get rehashed week in week out at the sharp end.

when guenther steiner got on the radio at the weekend to defend the people not drivng that car you've got a much better understanding of him & what he may have said from the netflix stuff.

i still need to watch that.

Yeh, I haven't watched that show either.

Watched the Mclaren one though, really interesting but also very clear why they were in the shit - the whole thing was a mess.

Yeh, I haven't watched that show either.

Watched the Mclaren one though, really interesting but also very clear why they were in the shit - the whole thing was a mess.

Not seen that.

I've looked through the podcasts and can't see it.

What's the title?

Vettel penalty hearing is tomorrow. I’m sorry but this long after the race it is ridiculous if it was ever changed. If the wrong decision was made accept it ‘like in football’ then move on.

Reactions: PTR
Vettel penalty hearing is tomorrow. I’m sorry but this long after the race it is ridiculous if it was ever changed. If the wrong decision was made accept it ‘like in football’ then move on.
They surely can't change the result now. Lewis changed his entire race due to the penalty. He can't "race those last 20 laps" again.

They surely can't change the result now. Lewis changed his entire race due to the penalty. He can't "race those last 20 laps" again.
never say never, however this is ferrari bringing the case - not sure any of the garagista's would have got this far in the first place...

Exactly, he knew he didn't have to overtake so kept within 5 seconds, so Mercedes could argue that point as well.

Reactions: PTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back