F1 2019

Yep. Dutch return plus Vietnam confirmed. Looks likely that 2 or 3 of Mexico, Germany and Spain will go.

I can see Germany getting axed, almost looked like more people were at the Forest Green match last night than Hockenheim qualifying last year (joke). In all seriousness though, I’m pretty sure they said there was less than 50,000 there for raceday last year which is pretty bad when you consider it’s Germany and Silverstone got 125,000.

The place has been awfully attended since Schumachers Ferrari days ended, when it used to look like one of the best atmospheres on the calendar. Shame, although the races have usually been dull there.

I can see Germany getting axed, almost looked like more people were at the Forest Green match last night than Hockenheim qualifying last year (joke). In all seriousness though, I’m pretty sure they said there was less than 50,000 there for raceday last year which is pretty bad when you consider it’s Germany and Silverstone got 125,000.

The place has been awfully attended since Schumachers Ferrari days ended, when it used to look like one of the best atmospheres on the calendar. Shame, although the races have usually been dull there.

A lot of the attendees in Germany in the last couple of years have been Dutch supporters of Verstappen, haven't they?

Maybe they should have a floating European GP again, so that we don't abandon these places entirely?
Used to like the European GP idea; you got to see some of the more unusual tracks. These days it'd never work though, imagine the money places would need to spend to bring tracks up to F1 standard, to only host a race every few years.

Used to like the European GP idea; you got to see some of the more unusual tracks. These days it'd never work though, imagine the money places would need to spend to bring tracks up to F1 standard, to only host a race every few years.
I was thinking of, basically just the tracks that are being or being mooted to be dropped from the calendar. Spain, France, Germany, Holland could all rotate - they are all already up to specs.

Even Silverstone if they can't do a deal.

did the GP fall off free to air TV (RTL?) in germany? which has hurt the figures of races and tv audiences in their area?

Not the best news for silverstone moving forward? although im sure i read (& may have posted here) that the Sky TV deal makes up a large % of F1 total income which offsets any issue with numbers in the UK.

It didn't move around that much. For long spells. it was held at the Nurburgring then in Valencia. Prior to that, it had been shifted between Brands Hatch, Nurburgring, Jerez and Donington (once).

It didn't move around that much. For long spells. it was held at the Nurburgring then in Valencia. Prior to that, it had been shifted between Brands Hatch, Nurburgring, Jerez and Donington (once).
Yep, had been in the past. But no reason why they couldn't sign deals for the next 5 years in advance etc.

Yep, had been in the past. But no reason why they couldn't sign deals for the next 5 years in advance etc.
problem there is you need a promoter who'll stump up a shed load of cash to get a circuit F1 ready, but then only have a money spinning race there once every few years... you'd need someone rich enough to buy the likes of turkey\india\korea and run them as one group.

Back