F1 2019

It's the one track where you can't afford to screw up in qually too. I just don't see what they were gaining by staying in the garage, it's not like they need the extra set of tyres.
They really are hopeless. So desperate to get it right to make up for their deficient structure, management and car they can’t help taking risks and invariably get it wrong. They need a new strategy computer, I think their current one runs on Windows 3.1. Another year of the same awaits.

Watched the 82 and 83 Monacos on SSF1 yesterday. Murray Walker really was hopeless even then. He knew nothing about motor racing.

Derek Warwick clearly punts some bloke out of third at Ste Devote. Murray watches the same pictures I did, and states “and poor innocent Derek Warwick has been spun around by his mistake too”. How do you think that happened when he ended up on the other side of the track to other bloke? Replay shows Warwick walloped the side of him trying to go around the outside “oh he's actually hit Warwick” before through the champagne haze James Hunt manages to attribute at least half the blame to Warwick.

Leader Peroni driving very slowly bring unlapped by four cars... Murray says he’s driving carefully to get to the finish. Then he stops. Murray doesn’t notice for about 20 seconds as the camera shows no car coming through the tunnel he just entered, which he had done very very slowly. Then he comes into view practically stationary. Murray doesn’t notice for another excruciating five seconds.

All the while Derek Daly had been pottering around in front of Peroni with no rear wing at all, a mangled rear end and half a front wing. Murray doesn’t even notice. Then he stops his car. Murray “he’s lost half his front wing, he must have had an accident”... he’s been going round with no rear wing for three laps you twat.

I thought he’d just gone senile in the 90s, but he was stealing a living for decades.

Last edited:
First thought was the Tom Pryce accident at kyalami in 77... something somewhere went really wrong there.
My guess a 'spotter' watching the main straight, but no one checking the pit lane. They were using a spotter with marshals cleaning up after the tunnel, but a lot safer as cars only coming from one place there.

This could have been very nasty Sergio Pérez on Twitter
Crazy bastards :eek:

When did that happen?

They really are hopeless. So desperate to get it right to make up for their deficient structure, management and car they can’t help taking risks and invariably get it wrong. They need a new strategy computer, I think their current one runs on Windows 3.1. Another year of the same awaits.

Watched the 82 and 83 Monacos on SSF1 yesterday. Murray Walker really was hopeless even then. He knew nothing about motor racing.

Derek Warwick clearly punts some bloke out of third at Ste Devote. Murray watches the same pictures I did, and states “and poor innocent Derek Warwick has been spun around by his mistake too”. How do you think that happened when he ended up on the other side of the track to other bloke? Replay shows Warwick walloped the side of him trying to go around the outside “oh he's actually hit Warwick” before through the champagne haze James Hunt manages to attribute at least half the blame to Warwick.

Leader Peroni driving very slowly bring unlapped by four cars... Murray says he’s driving carefully to get to the finish. Then he stops. Murray doesn’t notice for about 20 seconds as the camera shows no car coming through the tunnel he just entered, which he had done very very slowly. Then he comes into view practically stationary. Murray doesn’t notice for another excruciating five seconds.

All the while Derek Daly had been pottering around in front of Peroni with no rear wing at all, a mangled rear end and half a front wing. Murray doesn’t even notice. Then he stops his car. Murray “he’s lost half his front wing, he must have had an accident”... he’s been going round with no rear wing for three laps you twat.

I thought he’d just gone senile in the 90s, but he was stealing a living for decades.
Blasphemy lol

Used to love listening to Martin Brundle spend an hour and a half correcting Murray :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Just on watching the race now. Max's 5sec penalty is bullshit. It was an unsafe release AND causing a collision! Bottas had to do another put stop, and lost 2 places.

Fantastic driving from Lewis to win that. Its one thing being down on power like Riccardo did last year - he could place the car where he needed to. Lewis barely could.

Still think Monaco is a stupid GP though. Its great and stupid at the same time.

Last edited:
Just on watching the race now. Max's 5sec penalty is bullshit. It was an unsafe release AND causing a collision! Bottas had to do another put stop, and lost 2 places.

Fantastic driving from Lewis to win that. Its one thing being down on power like Riccardo did last year - he could place the car where he needed to. Lewis barely could.

Still think Monaco is a stupid GP though. Its great and stupid at the same time.
Im not so sure hamiltons victory was that great. History shows that if you have track position then its yours to lose. Ricciardo won last year as you say with a big power disadvantage, this year hamilton wins with zero grip. Theres been many occasions down the years when slower cars win due to the lack of overtaking opportunity. You could probably win round monaco in a ford fiesta if you have track position.

I think i said this last year and it probably isnt a popular opinion but id do away with the monaco gp. For entertainment value its absolutely awful. Minimum overtaking, one pitstop and whoever leads after that wins the race. Its nothing more than a champagne event for the rich and famous to descend to monaco to show off their wealth.

I must be the only person who is cringing at this. Not funny at all. Usually like his videos.
Tbf he could have done this video in his usual, very informative style and maybe tried to figure out where Ferrari might have been if they'd cut all of the mistakes out.

I just like that every now and then he goes for pure daftness.

Back