F1 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Ferrari's race pace will be like? Last season they were quite a bit quicker during the race than in quali relative to the other teams

Palmer has some nerve criticising Renault, looking forward to him being replaced mid season

Can't stand him me. He was quick to make his mouth go last season too. Might be understandable if he has history of being fast, but he's never been quick. The way he goes on, you'd think he was a world champion and was getting dealt a bad hand. He should be grateful he's even got a drive.

Can't stand him me. He was quick to make his mouth go last season too. Might be understandable if he has history of being fast, but he's never been quick. The way he goes on, you'd think he was a world champion and was getting dealt a bad hand. He should be grateful he's even got a drive.

He's a spolit brat, would be nowhere near an F1 drive without his dad

When you think about it he'll have had the best equipment all the way through karting and the junior formulae

It wss one of the worst f1 seasons in living memory. Totally uncompetitive, dominated by one team.

And there's hamilton in pole.

And yet there was more overtaking last season than in ANY previous season before it

Reactions: PTR
And yet there was more overtaking last season than in ANY previous season before it
A fair point, but how many of those overtakes were for the lead? When people talk about wanting more overtaking, what they mean 9 times out of 10 is overtaking at the front. I genuinely can't remember the lead changing hands mid race last season purely as a result of overtaking with no mechanical issues causing it.

A fair point, but how many of those overtakes were for the lead? When people talk about wanting more overtaking, what they mean 9 times out of 10 is overtaking at the front. I genuinely can't remember the lead changing hands mid race last season purely as a result of overtaking with no mechanical issues causing it.

I think there is/was some good racing in the middle to lower teams, however with Mercedes being so much faster than anyone else at the front of the grid Ferrari and Redbull didn't stand a chance unless Hamilton & Rosberg got in each others way...Personally until the money is shared out more equally I can't see this changing, however with new owners of F1 now in charge lets hope things will change...

It wss one of the worst f1 seasons in living memory. Totally uncompetitive, dominated by one team.
And there's hamilton in pole.
People who only care who wins totally, totally mis the point of F1.

I can't remember a time when one car didn't utterly dominate.
Merc
Brawn
Red Bull
Ferrari

That must cover 15 years where one team was absolutely dominant, but at least last season, there were 2 drivers very close for the championship. The stories behind the podium were great last season.

If he hadn't crashed the thing on the first place they wouldn't have had to spend all night rebuilding it.
Is he paying them a fortune? He always seems to be twisting and moaning about the team.

Exact proof of what I just said. People who only look at "who's winning" are missing 80% of what's going on.

That's like having no interest in football unless its the team at the top of the table.

So what did people think of Quali? Just watched the repeat on SSF1.
Hamilton looks MILES ahead of Bottas. Vettel might be able to put some pressure on Bottas, but I don't think he'll get near Lewis.

Last edited:
I can see a the race finishing as per the qualifying results. Lewis hasn't it mastered, Vettel pushing him close and Bottas not quite there yet, but he will after a few races.

Only thing that is gonna interest me is the tyres and pit stops, having the tyres peform the way they did previous guaranteed at least 2 stops generally. I can see many a race being 1 stop

Merc
Brawn
Red Bull
Ferrari
Williams
McLaren
That must cover 15 years where one team was absolutely dominant, but at least last season, there were 2 drivers very close for the championship. The stories behind the podium were great last season.

Is he paying them a fortune? He always seems to be twisting and moaning about the team.

Exact proof of what I just said. People who only look at "who's winning" are missing 80% of what's going on.

That's like having no interest in football unless its the team at the top of the table.

Hamilton looks MILES ahead of Bottas. Vettel might be able to put some pressure on Bottas, but I don't think he'll get near Lewis.
Tidied for you. That goes back to what 87-88 ish

Reactions: PTR
Tidied for you. That goes back to what 87-88 ish
Between 2005-2008 it was relatively close between at least two teams, but that does seem to just be an anomaly. Also 2012 was close between Alonso and Vettel, although that was just Alonso dragging a car past what it should be capable of.

Between 2005-2008 it was relatively close between at least two teams, but that does seem to just be an anomaly. Also 2012 was close between Alonso and Vettel, although that was just Alonso dragging a car past what it should be capable of.
True but in the main there's always a car that's dominated for 4/5 years at a time since the mid 80's

I think there is/was some good racing in the middle to lower teams, however with Mercedes being so much faster than anyone else at the front of the grid Ferrari and Redbull didn't stand a chance unless Hamilton & Rosberg got in each others way...Personally until the money is shared out more equally I can't see this changing, however with new owners of F1 now in charge lets hope things will change...
The money isn't really a factor, Ferrari get the most money but haven't done anything for years...

Merc
Brawn
Red Bull
Ferrari

I like watching competitive sport. Its as dull as dishwater if one team dominates. In any sport. And the last 15 years has seen global viewing figires drop dramatically. Its dropped a third in the last 8 years. So it seems I'm not alone in thinking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back