F1 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no surprise Pirelli F1 tyres are sh*t

Every set of Pirelli I've ever had have been woeful apart from one set of P6000's

Couldn't wait to get rid of Rosso's which was okay really as they only lasted 5 minutes

Same with Zero Nero's or whatever they were called. Awful

Are you sure? I used to own a Peugeot 306gti6 which came with P6000's as standard, they were known as ditch finders on the owners club.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Ted's Notebook yet. Probably the best one he's done. Purely for the text message that appeared on the tv screen when he rather unwisely decided to use his mobile phone to try to show us a picture :lol:

It's no surprise Pirelli F1 tyres are sh*t
This is F1's biggest problem.

One day, everyone agrees there is an issue that needs to be resolved
They fix it with a plan
That plan has a small downside
People forget problem A
People see problem B
People complain like fuck about problem B

The tyres that you can't hammer lap after lap were becoming boring - there was no action as everyone had great tyres almost all the time
So new tyres were created that would punish you if you really hit them hard, and then were designed to degrade once they'd hit a specific milestone
The racing was much-improved

3 years later, everyone thinks these tyres are shit cos the drivers can't "race full speed" anymore. And so we go back to concrete circles that are slow and last forever AND they don't give enough mechanical grip to allow a car to follow close enough for overtakes.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Ted's Notebook yet. Probably the best one he's done. Purely for the text message that appeared on the tv screen when he rather unwisely decided to use his mobile phone to try to show us a picture :lol:
Didn't keep it on - what happened?

Ted was trying to show a pic of Brendan Hartley in his karting days on his phone. Someone in the paddock were obviously watching the feed and sent a message to him saying what an effing See You Next Tuesday he was :lol:

Are you sure? I used to own a Peugeot 306gti6 which came with P6000's as standard, they were known as ditch finders on the owners club.

Mine were on a Passat

They did over 30000 miles on the front and I sold the car before the back were anywhere near done

No issues with grip

What’s happening, has Seb spit his dummy again ?
nah - just piss taking that lewis hadnt needed to pass many people this season, to which lewis came back with that he'd passe seb a few times.... nothing to see here really.

Ricciardo was funnier, he was the third driver on the panel and came out with "Between us all we've got 8 world titles, so it's pretty good" :lol: but we want 9... :lol:

Just reading about Lauda quitting RTL live on air at the grand prix this weekend, partly due to RTL not having the F1 rights for next year in Germany... it seems that its going to go to Sky over there too. i thought Liberty wanted to get back to the core of F1, whereas in 2019 you could have no Grand Prix or free coverage in either the UK or Germany.

Just reading about Lauda quitting RTL live on air at the grand prix this weekend, partly due to RTL not having the F1 rights for next year in Germany... it seems that its going to go to Sky over there too. i thought Liberty wanted to get back to the core of F1, whereas in 2019 you could have no Grand Prix or free coverage in either the UK or Germany.

It's been on Sky Germany for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back