Extinction Rebellion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you aren't a vegan I reckon you are on a sticky wicket spouting about this stuff.
Agri business has decimated UK and vast swathes of the world but it is a few fires in the Amazon that gets people riled up. UK should be a bio diverse country with rain forests all over the place but instead it's an ecological desert.
Saying there is little people can do is correct but also a cop out. If you want to change the world you need to change yourself as well.
I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I need to stop eating meat or animal byproducts if I can say I lived an ethical life. Probably wont though. It's too easy to have a tasty meaty snack.

Meat tastes for too nice to give up.

Because, and I would bet a million pounds, that at least 99% of them haven't just walked/cycled to London which are the only ways, surely, not to leave a carbon footprint?
If 1000 people flew by Concorde to change the lives of 7 billion people then is it worth it?
Meat tastes for too nice to give up.
Meat flavoured veg is the future.

Last edited:
You don't really need to be an expert in the subject to give this some thought and climate change activists don't need to live in a mud hut and crave a return to a hunter-gatherer lifestyle to legitimise what they're saying.
It's fine saying they want to go carbon neutral but they don't have an idea how they want to do it, or how they are going to pay for it. Everything has its costs and like the Brexit debate it's a lot easier saying what you don't want than saying what you do. Prime example was the OP.

If 1000 people flew by Concorde to change the lives of 7 billion people then is it worth it?

"No, because it's convenient way for me to criticise them and avoid confronting my own lifestyle or even consider supporting policy change which makes it easier for us all to consume less Carbon."

Is the not-seen context to the answer you're about to receive.
It's fine saying they want to go carbon neutral but they don't have an idea how they want to do it, or how they are going to pay for it. Everything has its costs and like the Brexit debate it's a lot easier saying what you don't want than saying what you do. Prime example was the OP.

Have you spoken to them all to find this out?

If you aren't a vegan I reckon you are on a sticky wicket spouting about this stuff.
Agri business has decimated UK and vast swathes of the world but it is a few fires in the Amazon that gets people riled up. UK should be a bio diverse country with rain forests all over the place but instead it's an ecological desert.
Saying there is little people can do is correct but also a cop out. If you want to change the world you need to change yourself as well.
I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I need to stop eating meat or animal byproducts if I can say I lived an ethical life. Probably wont though. It's too easy to have a tasty meaty snack.
It's ok marra. We will have rainforests here soon enough.🤣
"No, because it's convenient way for me to criticise them and avoid confronting my own lifestyle or even consider supporting policy change which makes it easier for us all to consume less Carbon."

Is the not-seen context to the answer you're about to receive.

Have you spoken to them all to find this out?
Brexiteers or climate change activists? I've spoken to plenty of both and saw the opinions of plenty on line and TV.

Last edited:
The USA, China, Russia, Canada, South Korea, Japan, Germany, all produce more Co2 per capita than we do. Why aren’t they protesting there instead of here?

They didn’t think about the environment last week when they hired an old fire engine, drove it around central London before trying, and spectacularly failing, to cover a government building in fake blood.
The USA, China, Russia, Canada, South Korea, Japan, Germany, all produce more Co2 per capita than we do. Why aren’t they protesting there instead of here?

It’s a hell of a walk that pal .

Get a water cannon on the twats, they'll sharp move.

Failing that get the met armed with rubber bullets and start firing them off
I'm not sure rubber bullets is a good idea - surely that'll just make plastic pollution worse. They should use real bullets and recycle the metal.

My analogies are usually terrible to be fair! As I’ve reached middle age I try to empathise with both sides of an issue. I’m sure that some of XR protestors are scumbags, some are rabid hippies but many will be like you and I.

I think that I love you. 😍
🤣.
TBF you always seem reasonable and like you said in your post above I nearly always appreciate both sides of an argument. If things were so cut and dry we would hardly ever have any decent debates on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back