Exiles Away - What do you take back after a visit home

Jimmer13

Midfield
If you live away what goodies do you get family to send you or purchase your self if you go home to visit.

Visit a couple of times a year and always take back:

5 packs of Stottie for the freezer although not in there long.
4 tubs of peace pudding.
3 White pudding as cannot get where I live.

Also have extra stotties to order and deliver for neighbours who are always asking when I am next going to see my sister up North in Sunderland:lol:

If you live away what goodies do you get family to send you or purchase your self if you go home to visit.

4 tubs of peace pudding.

Also have extra stotties to order and deliver for neighbours who are always asking when I am next going to see my sister up North in Sunderland:lol:
Used to make up my luggage allowance with pork Living in the Middle East

4 tubs of peace pudding.

peace pudding! nee wonder Sunlun folk are seen as warm and friendly:lol::cool:;)

Stotties for me anarl, not been down for a long time, but used to get them from the bakers oven on holmside. Is it still gannin?
Just run out of chop sauce, normally buy 5 bottles which last about a year.
Get me chop sauce from Morrisons bathgate. Me sweaty bint is a convert.

peace pudding! nee wonder Sunlun folk are seen as warm and friendly:lol::cool:;)

Pease pudding, but liked the original mistake better:lol::lol: Roker lad, dead peaceful us that why I did my full military tour like:lol::lol:

Luckily get my Hammond Chop sauce from a Morrison's near me........only recent, as used to bring bottles of that back but can buy localish to me now..:lol:

Stotties for me anarl, not been down for a long time, but used to get them from the bakers oven on holmside. Is it still gannin?

Get me chop sauce from Morrisons bathgate. Me sweaty bint is a convert.

Used to get mine from the bakers in Roker Avenue opposite the Navy Club, massive ones and also some from Gregg's. Not sure about the shop in Holmside.

Last edited:
Pease pudding, but liked the original mistake better:lol::lol: Roker lad, dead peaceful us that why I did my full military tour like:lol::lol:

Luckily get my Hammond Chop sauce from a Morrison's near me........only recent, as used to bring bottles of that back but can buy localish to me now..:lol:

I have to say I only really like Pease pudding freshly made served warm-- cooked with a gammon/ham joint and served with Jersey tatties is a simple meal to die for:cool:
Worked away a bit but only weeks at a time so I often got requests from those where I was working to bring stotties and black pudding back. Mind also have requests to bring Cumberland Sausage back home when we are over caravan.
My brother has been down Suffolk for 35 years plus but rarely takes owt back when he is up.
May have missed it , soz, but where are you based now?

Used to get mine from the bakers in Roker Avenue opposite the Navy Club, massive ones and also some from Gregg's. Not sure about the shop in Holmside.
She likes pork dips anarl even though it was from Ibbitsons. Since found out via threads on here there is better, suddick way and that. Next time we come down I'll start a thread as to where to gan.

When I lived away, I'd take a few packs of bacon and sausages from the butchers.

On the flip-side, I'd also bring back bbq pack of beef or pork, chilli paste and soya bean paste.

Back