Exiles Away - What do you take back after a visit home

This, loads of stotties for the freezer. And always get asked without fail 'do Gregg's not sell them down you'as like' :lol:
On this subject. My marra from Seaham drives car transporters, his sister in law works at greggs in Seaham. His workmate who lives in Bathgate, his wife works in greggs whitburn, (the west lothian whitburn). They swapped stuff from each branch to take home. Ham and pease pudding stotties came to Scotland, brides etc went south. Both branches were canny gobsmacked.

Pease pudding, but liked the original mistake better:lol::lol: Roker lad, dead peaceful us that why I did my full military tour like:lol::lol:

Luckily get my Hammond Chop sauce from a Morrison's near me........only recent, as used to bring bottles of that back but can buy localish to me now..:lol:

Used to get mine from the bakers in Roker Avenue opposite the Navy Club, massive ones and also some from Gregg's. Not sure about the shop in Holmside.
Middlemisses?

Same theme here, stotties, pease pudding, and if available Robinsons of Wingate Pork pies and pasties
Oh and the huge black pudding from Gibbons in sunniside £1.99.

Back