Exiles Away - What do you take back after a visit home

I have to say I only really like Pease pudding freshly made served warm-- cooked with a gammon/ham joint and served with Jersey tatties is a simple meal to die for:cool:
Worked away a bit but only weeks at a time so I often got requests from those where I was working to bring stotties and black pudding back. Mind also have requests to bring Cumberland Sausage back home when we are over caravan.
My brother has been down Suffolk for 35 years plus but rarely takes owt back when he is up.
May have missed it , soz, but where are you based now?

Out now for a few years civilianised now down South. Had my old brain put back in for a while.

This. When our lasses Da comes over, he books an extra case, and fills it with mince, bacon, steaks and various other shite, all from Asda. :confused: All of which you can get here, better and cheaper. :lol: Worra f***ing arsehat!

I suppose that depends where you are in the world.

One lad up at HHI started making sausages and pies and flogging them to the westerners as you simply couldn't get that over there. Canny sideline business he had going.

Stotties for me anarl, not been down for a long time, but used to get them from the bakers oven on holmside. Is it still gannin?

Get me chop sauce from Morrisons bathgate. Me sweaty bint is a convert.
Today I’m doing a 60 mile round trip to my nearest Morrison’s in Reading. Desperate measures and all that.

I suppose that depends where you are in the world.

One lad up at HHI started making sausages and pies and flogging them to the westerners as you simply couldn't get that over there. Canny sideline business he had going.
Oh I agree, but in this instance it's f***ing madness.

Used to bring bacon over mind but m and s resolved that
I remember me granda taking a cool box full of bait on holiday. :lol:

There's an Iceland / Waitrose 5 mins drive from me now. That sorts the rare cravings I have. :lol:

Last edited:
Chocolate. Big bars of Galaxy or Dairy Milk. Big tubes of Smarties etc. Even though they’re not as good as they used to be (I’m holding out for a post-Brexit return to the glory days!)

Sometimes a jar of Robertson’s silver shred. You can get marmalade over here but it’s stuffed with the peel - but I don’t like that part and get sick of picking it off me toast!

Pease pudding and stotties are a must. However I just love smokey lean back and mother's pride bacon sandwiches. That warm taste of bacon fat soaked into the bread. The thought's got me really looking forward to going back this year.

Back