Exercise Bikes

Funnily enough noticed them on Wowcher yesterday for £60. Can't imagine they'll be top quality but should do a job.

Any one got one recently?

I don’t want to be paying the obscene amounts Peloton are after....
I had this debate last month whether to get bike trainer or exercise bike, for me its just for days cant get out and run cos of bad weather so ended up not being able to justify the decent wheel off smart trainers (if you can even find one stock was out beffore lockdown announced), the ones where have wheels on talks about tyre wear and getting special tyre, just seemd a hassle so after bit research ended up with

Obviously no swift or interactive classes but quite happy on it go an hour-90 minutes watching couple programs on my tablet.

Rigged mine up to a turbo trainer. Got loads of use out of it during the first lockdown. Was doing 1000miles a month.

I’ve been looking at the turbo trainers.

Is compatibility with zwift what I’m after?
Some turbo trainers can connect to zwift it they have Bluetooth. Mine doesn't but it can be adapted fairly cheaply. To be honest when im on the bike i just put the laptop on and watch a box set for a hour or so.

My in laws have given me the one they bought years ago and were using as a clothes horse. It’s basic but it’s free and I use it for half an hour to an hour every night whilst I’m watching something on the telly so it’ll do for me.

Thinking of this one myself:-

Doesn't take up too much space.
If it's rubbish it's only 100 quid (same rule applies when I can't be arsed anymore)
I'll just watch films or the TV when using it so I don't need a great display

For something a bit more I hear the JLL ones are ok:-

Personally I have a concept2 rower in the garage that I hardly ever use cos I've realised I hate rowing.
So I won't be spending OTT on gym equipment going forward..

If it's rubbish it's only 100 quid (same rule applies when I can't be arsed anymore)

Personally I have a concept2 rower in the garage that I hardly ever use cos I've realised I hate rowing.

I have the Ultra Sport F Bike got it second hand during lockdown for £50 and use it when my legs aren’t up for a run. Doesn’t do anything fancy but it does the job. I would recommend it.

I’m after a C2 rower in the near future, I’m on my rower 5 days a week, doing a conditioning programme but the display isn’t anywhere near as good as the C2 one

Just bought this, need to subscribe to a spinning class, is there much between Les Mills and Peloton?

I’ve been looking at the turbo trainers.

Is compatibility with zwift what I’m after?

i'm currently after one to connect to zwift. basically, there are normal turbo trainers, very simply arrangement that you hook your bike onto and away you go, and there are ones with a built in sensor that bluetooths whats happening to zwift (or other programme) . second hand your looking at £30-£70 for the first type and £150+ for the second type
Any one got one recently?

I don’t want to be paying the obscene amounts Peloton are after....

get a second hand road bike and a turbo trainer

Back