Exercise Bikes

I bought one for £120 on ebay a year ago and it has helped keep me fit use it every day. Also a small hand bike to help with the upper body, both have computers that give beats per minutr, time, calories and they match up quite well with fit bit readings. Mine “fits” me ok but I am not particularly tall, the big problem with buying things online.

Last edited:

Plentyt of great choices in here, definitely know about needing a flywheel mag resistance of at least 15kg, some of the lead times look daft though, if i waited til May the desire to get one may have died off, was ideally looking at something that connect to strava for example to be able to track, doesnt look like the cyclo 3 does, so may need to up my price and go for the ICC400 or whatever it was listed, who knew the days of an exercise bike could be som complicated, i remember it was easy when my mum had one fo those horrible static ones back in the 80s

Plentyt of great choices in here, definitely know about needing a flywheel mag resistance of at least 15kg, some of the lead times look daft though, if i waited til May the desire to get one may have died off, was ideally looking at something that connect to strava for example to be able to track, doesnt look like the cyclo 3 does, so may need to up my price and go for the ICC400 or whatever it was listed, who knew the days of an exercise bike could be som complicated, i remember it was easy when my mum had one fo those horrible static ones back in the 80s
I thought this might happen as it did last year, so I bought that ic400 before they announced the latest lockdown. They've banged the price up by 80 quid since as well which is a tad cheeky!

I thought this might happen as it did last year, so I bought that ic400 before they announced the latest lockdown. They've banged the price up by 80 quid since as well which is a tad cheeky!
lockdown premium by the looks if it, hopefully prices will start to slope off a little bit but cant see it happening in a rush

Last edited:
I have a turbo trainer connected to Zwift. Makes exercise much more interesting. Mind you with the warmer weather approaching can't see me getting value from zwift during the summer.

I have a turbo trainer connected to Zwift. Makes exercise much more interesting. Mind you with the warmer weather approaching can't see me getting value from zwift during the summer.

Never going to replicate getting outside mate but mine has been a godsend over the last couple of months. Still will be handy when its tanking down and the weathers shite for some days in the spring/summer.

Waiting on delivery mid to late March of a cyclo 3. Spent a few weeks looking through different options and decided on this model due to price, flywheel weight and lead time. Would love a peloton or wattbike but just can’t justify that kind of money. Should have ordered one months ago. Looking fwd to getting started.

Waiting on delivery mid to late March of a cyclo 3. Spent a few weeks looking through different options and decided on this model due to price, flywheel weight and lead time. Would love a peloton or wattbike but just can’t justify that kind of money. Should have ordered one months ago. Looking fwd to getting started.
If i ordered my Cyclo 6 two days earlier it would have also been March delivery. Right pain that they stopped production run and its now May instead 🤬🤬

Added you
Love riding on Zwift but haven't got a clue what I'm doing. I just go on and ride. Pick a route and away. Tried a couple of group rides but got left behind early doors. Don't understand what the companion app is used for either. :oops:

If i ordered my Cyclo 6 two days earlier it would have also been March delivery. Right pain that they stopped production run and its now May instead 🤬🤬
Aye. The gyms will be back open by the time it arrives. I might have even stumped up the extra £200 or so for the 6 if the delivery had been sooner. The only reason I ordered one was because the gyms are shut and my knees are shot to bits from running so I’m struggling to do anything.

Aye. The gyms will be back open by the time it arrives. I might have even stumped up the extra £200 or so for the 6 if the delivery had been sooner. The only reason I ordered one was because the gyms are shut and my knees are shot to bits from running so I’m struggling to do anything.
I'm not paying for a gym now. Spin bike, normal bike, running and weights in the house will do me

Love riding on Zwift but haven't got a clue what I'm doing. I just go on and ride. Pick a route and away. Tried a couple of group rides but got left behind early doors. Don't understand what the companion app is used for either. :oops:
Same mate. I’m just new to it and only use it to supplement my running. Just did 30 minutes keeping my HR low as possible. Ran a half marathon yesterday so just loosening the legs up a bit

I got a peloton about a month or so ago.

The whole Zwift thing would have probably been more down my street but the wife far more likely to use peloton so went down that route, and it's nice and simple to use.

Used it almost every day since we got it though now starting to have to give myself some rest days.

Just a 20 or 30 minute class per day has already made a massive difference to my fitness, can now play football with the bairn for hours instead of being destroyed after a few minutes 🤣

I got a peloton about a month or so ago.

The whole Zwift thing would have probably been more down my street but the wife far more likely to use peloton so went down that route, and it's nice and simple to use.

Used it almost every day since we got it though now starting to have to give myself some rest days.

Just a 20 or 30 minute class per day has already made a massive difference to my fitness, can now play football with the bairn for hours instead of being destroyed after a few minutes 🤣

From what i have read it definitely seems to get you hooked, suppose that could be the long term aim, but for now, budgets must, and think i will just have to forego the extra connectivity, and get the cyclo3, looks like it fits my budget.. but the peleton does look like a great piece of kit, i know folk say just get a nromal bikje, but i havent got a car that i could transport it with, and the streets of ashington can be like beirut sometimes with the bloody holes in the streets

Looks like delivery for most is now mid April minimum, and even longer for a few models , doesn’t look like the home fitness fad is going anywhere soon

Cyclo 3 arrived yesterday. Took 40 mins to assemble this morning. A pretty basic but sturdy bike. Set it up in front of the tv and played a 30 min spin class through YouTube. Enjoyed getting the old legs moving and the heart pumping. Bit saddle sore now mind :oops:

Can I get your opinions on the bike below? Looks decent to me but I know nowt tbh.

Have a look at this one mate, I've got the 400 but it's out of stock and I can't fault it and I've had few cheaper ones in the past.

Have a look at this one mate, I've got the 400 but it's out of stock and I can't fault it and I've had few cheaper ones in the past.
I've just noticed that one has a chain and friction resistance. Ideally you want belt driven and magnetic resistance if possible

Last edited:

Back