Exercise Bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo trainers need different tyres or you'll end up spraying rubber everywhere. It's an expensive job this exercise lark.

Not really...they sell dedicated turbo tyres. I've never bothered but rather recycle an old tyre from bike which hasn't much life left.

Schwinn Airdyne. For people who have next to no time and want a serious workout.
Been using turbos for years, including serious sessions without zwift or any such bollox...stick the fucker in the garage, get your I pod on and get on with it.

Last edited:
Clamped in right (easy) there very stable.

when i started fitness to loose weight i started with one of these, started doing 1/2 a hour & got upto 6 hours a day. easy peasy if watching tv and you got something to take your mind of exercise.
This. I started 30 mins a day and then got enthusiastic and went to the gym, lost 4 clem.
Think I will get it back out and do gym on a morning then 30 mins turbo on a night as a bit extra. 6 hours on a turbo trainer is mental mind

I've got one of them indoor bike clamp thing used it a few times, but overall bit of a waste of money on my part

Got one from Decathlon about 15 years ago and its still going strong, but not surprisingly it doesn't look like they do the same model any more.

Obviously you can't beat a proper bike, but I do regularly use the exercise bike for 10 minutes when I wouldn't go out for a ride.

Wife bought me a Tour De France bike for my 50th.

Love it. Although you can't beat the real thing

From experience exercise bikes are a massive waste of money, get out running or use a real bike. You're much more likely to stick to it.

This is true ^^^^^^^^^^^

Cycling on a real bike is far better and is easier on your friends body than other forms of exercise, like walking and running.
You will grow to like it,if you are not crushed by a wagon or bus. But just avoiding the nutters will sharpen your reflexes, give your friend a healthy body shape. As i said, just watch out for, Lunatic drivers who will often try to intimidate you or just simply run you off the road. Or just plain wind their windows down and verbally abuse you. Then there are the "just plain fuckwit" drivers, dog walkers with extender leads, who think its okay to take up a 10ft wide path/track so nobody else can use it. Get mudguards so the dogshit that you run over does not get splatted up your back or front. Also look out for braindead parents who, even though they will see you coming, are happy to let their toddlers run around in front of you like weebles. Not forgetting dangerous, vicious dogs that want to bite you. Pot holes are great fun if you road ride. You don't get any of that riding an exercise bike.

Clamped in right (easy) there very stable.

when i started fitness to loose weight i started with one of these, started doing 1/2 a hour & got upto 6 hours a day. easy peasy if watching tv and you got something to take your mind of exercise.

Your arse would be numb before an hour is out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back