Exercise Bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A couple of people I work with have gone for turbo trainers. Basically seems like a stand you put a real bike on and it applies friction etc so it feels like you are outside. You then have the option of taking the real bike outside. If you have not cycled much just doing a few everyday jobs, like nipping down the shops of milk can be a good way of getting going. You don't need to don bright sponsor laden lycra, pretend you are a pro and set out for a 50 mile high speed jaunt.

From experience exercise bikes are a massive waste of money, get out running or use a real bike. You're much more likely to stick to it.
I got one when my knee was knackered and I couldn't get out running. I now use it to warm up before running and warm down when I get home. I wouldn't ever be confident enough to ride a real one on the roads.
Everyone's circumstances are different but I just bought a cheapish one from Argos knowing that eventually it would be a clothes horse.
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6077051
Think it was less than £100 when I got it.

From experience exercise bikes are a massive waste of money, get out running or use a real bike. You're much more likely to stick to it.
This. Most people find exercise pretty boring so you need goals and to try and make it intresting. If you must do it indoors go spinning.

Bloody clever things them. Amazing it's taken this long for someone to develop it.
How stable are they though?

Clamped in right (easy) there very stable.

when i started fitness to loose weight i started with one of these, started doing 1/2 a hour & got upto 6 hours a day. easy peasy if watching tv and you got something to take your mind of exercise.

Turbo trainers need different tyres or you'll end up spraying rubber everywhere. It's an expensive job this exercise lark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back