Evans - ACL injury

Ekwah

Needs peddling him like
After reading about Gregg Halford wouldn’t suprise me one bit if the lads got some kind of disorder or on a spectrum of some kind.

He’s already shown he’s got the ability and physicality to absolutely boss football matches and is playing at about 5% of his potential. Somethings not right there like

mate hes been honking this season since his injury, and even Mowbray had a go at him in the press.

Needs to show it
Been asked to play def mid which he isn’t and the rest of the setup has been shit this possession based football doesn’t suit our players he likes to play balls through the lines , he’s not alone is he that’s no coincidence

Been asked to play def mid which he isn’t and the rest of the setup has been shit this possession based football doesn’t suit our players he likes to play balls through the lines , he’s not alone is he that’s no coincidence
it suited them last year, and his form was fine in DM pre injury was fine. Since his injury, he has been poor, even under Mowbray.

We improved massively when he was taken off a few weeks ago and Jobe dropped back. Hes ponderous on the ball and never tracks back after losing it in our half.
After reading about Gregg Halford wouldn’t suprise me one bit if the lads got some kind of disorder or on a spectrum of some kind.

He’s already shown he’s got the ability and physicality to absolutely boss football matches and is playing at about 5% of his potential. Somethings not right there like
Well that's a fair point, however we will probably never know that

Last edited:
it suited them last year, and his form was fine in DM pre injury was fine. Since his injury, he has been poor, even under Mowbray.

We improved massively when he was taken off a few weeks ago and Jobe dropped back. Hes ponderous on the ball and never tracks back after losing it in our half.

Well that's a fair point, however we will probably never know that
When he signed he was never def mid that’s not his position

He's just absolutely a mood player . You can see it in games , he'll get roused by something and for the next 10-15 mins hes right at it . Then the body seems to use up his adrenalin and normal service is resumed , Pierre's comfortable homeostasis .
Got away with it at u21 and was fired up coming into mens football last season but the fires gone out .

If he can keep himself fit between now and the end of the season i wouldn't be against giving him another year on reduced terms. We clearly lack leaders of any kind and if Evans was to leave he would be replaced by another inexperienced youngster. He'd be valuable to have around the squad even if he was to spend the majority of the season on the bench. Having that option of bringing him on for 25-30 minutes towards the end of games could see us over the line in games.

In most scenarios it would be a no brainer to release him in the summer - but i don't think i trust the recruitment team to replace him with what we need unfortunately

If he can keep himself fit between now and the end of the season i wouldn't be against giving him another year on reduced terms. We clearly lack leaders of any kind and if Evans was to leave he would be replaced by another inexperienced youngster. He'd be valuable to have around the squad even if he was to spend the majority of the season on the bench. Having that option of bringing him on for 25-30 minutes towards the end of games could see us over the line in games.

In most scenarios it would be a no brainer to release him in the summer - but i don't think i trust the recruitment team to replace him with what we need unfortunately
Unfortunately he’s like his Brother, good player but won’t stay fit.

Evans a farewell home game sub appearance before he’s moved on in the summer ? He definitely doesn’t fit the model and I can’t see how we could justify a renewal given his age and how long he’s been out for. A shame but I hope we’ve got him for so he gets a lower league gig if he wants it before hanging the boots up.
He was signed under “the model”.

He's had a reaction to his injury, maybe games too early?

Club captain Corry Evans will return to training next week after suffering a minor setback in his recovery. “Corry had a reaction in training, nothing major.” Dodds added. “But he is back to part-training and won’t be in the squad this weekend.”

Last edited:
He's had a reaction to his injury, maybe games too early?

Club captain Corry Evans will return to training next week after suffering a minor setback in his recovery. “Corry had a reaction in training, nothing major.” Dodds added. “But he is back to part-training and won’t be in the squad this weekend.”
Nah, players often pick up secondary niggles when they've been out for a long time. Joints and muscles aren't used to the intensity.

Should never have been given a new contract. If we do this again we deserve what we get.

He signed for 2 years with a year's option. I don't know with who the option laid with but you can hardly blame him if he decided to activate it. Mind, we could've activated it so he wasn't unemployed while recuperating from his injury, similar to what we did with Willis after his long-term injury.

He signed for 2 years with a year's option. I don't know with who the option laid with but you can hardly blame him if he decided to activate it. Mind, we could've activated it so he wasn't unemployed while recuperating from his injury, similar to what we did with Willis after his long-term injury.
Exactly if similar to Willis we've not learned. It's wasted wages on ffp.

I’m led to believe , we on here have the option mate .

Back