Evans - ACL injury

horselover

Striker
loads of rumours I've seen on Facebook & Twitter (I know) saying he's out for season with an ACL injury......if this is true will we sign another midfielder or do we bring Matete back or will we manage with what we have? Neil, Michut, Ba, Ekwah, maybe even o'9 ?

loads of rumours I've seen on Facebook & Twitter (I know) saying he's out for season with an ACL injury......if this is true will we sign another midfielder or do we bring Matete back or will we manage with what we have? Neil, Michut, Ba, Ekwah, maybe even o'9 ?
Neil, Michut, Ba and Ekwah gives us 4 for the 2 centre midfield positions, should be enough imo without recalling Matete

The way he was holding his knee seemed typical of ACL injuries, playing on a bit would not have helped

No chance we’ll recall Matete even if we’re contractually able. We have to think of our reputation in the market and our relationship with other clubs and recalling a player a week after sending him out and with only a few days left in the window would damage that.
This. And there's a reason he's been sent out also. Big Tone probably doesn't deem him ready and I agree.

Seems to do great coming on as a sub but never been impressed when he's started a game.

They all stem from 1 Twitter page which as far as I know is not well known for accurate club information.

It may be he is out but I’m not taking this one as fact yet as didn’t look horrific from what I saw Sun.

Be a massive miss imo. Dan Neil was just starting to look really good playing more advanced with Evans behind him. Don't like Neil in the deep lying role, takes alot of positives of his game away from him.
If it is his ACL that's a big thing to come back from for a lad thats 33 in the summer.

Fingers crossed its nowhere near that bad an injury
A new contract was on the table for Evans...wonder if so now?

Back