European Football Thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makes it look easy in the champions league against the best teams in Europe, but would struggle against Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Watford etc
Its absolutely ridiculous to think he wouldnt score against shite like cardiff and that despite taking city and chelsea and co to the cleaners every time he plays them :lol:

Ive never seen a player in my lifetime fit to lace his boots

Its absolutely ridiculous to think he wouldnt score against shite like cardiff and that despite taking city and chelsea and co to the cleaners every time he plays them :lol:

Ive never seen a player in my lifetime fit to lace his boots

Him and Ronaldo are far and away the best two ever.

Makes it look easy in the champions league against the best teams in Europe, but would struggle against Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Watford etc
Just looked up his record against English sides out of curiosity. 29 games, 22 goals, 6 assists. Purely against top 6 sides and mostly on a Tuesday and Wednesday night. That cold midweeker against Stoke would be too much though.

Just looked up his record against English sides out of curiosity. 29 games, 22 goals, 6 assists. Purely against top 6 sides and mostly on a Tuesday and Wednesday night. That cold midweeker against Stoke would be too much though.

22 in 29 against the best teams from our league.
How are Brighton, Bournemouth, Fulham etc gonna possibly stop him?
Ridiculous argument that he's never done it in the premier league.

It made me think I haven't seen Messi play live yet, I need to get a move on as there's only, what, 3-4 years left for him at Barca.

Same for me. Have looked at it several times as a weekend away. Even been on holiday in the area at the time and the hotel run excursions to a Barca game. Sadly the two times I've been on holiday in that region, they have had an away game, and the other time was before the season started.

Same for me. Have looked at it several times as a weekend away. Even been on holiday in the area at the time and the hotel run excursions to a Barca game. Sadly the two times I've been on holiday in that region, they have had an away game, and the other time was before the season started.
It's a must do, I went for the last ever Ronaldo V Messi El Classico, it was an unforgettable experience.

It's a must do, I went for the last ever Ronaldo V Messi El Classico, it was an unforgettable experience.

Sounds great that.
I'd obviously enjoy a big game like Barca vs Atletico or Real, but I reckon for my own enjoyment I'd rather see Barca run riot and Messi stick 4 past somebody like Valladolid or Girona

Valencia continued their good run on Wednesday night with a home win against Real Madrid. That win put them 5th, albeit temporarily as Sevilla won last night. They're right in the hunt for the final CL place though. You'd expect Getafe and Alaves will run out of steam and there are a few bigger fish waiting to pounce.

Interestingly down at the bottom there are still two teams I'd say have far too much quality to be relegated, yet seem to have a habit of snatching defeat (or a draw) from the jaws of victory. Villarreal squandered a 4-2 injury time home lead vs Barca to draw 4-4 after Alvaro was sent off and Celta threw away a 2-0 lead at Huesca to be 3-2 down, before rescuing a late draw. There are a few teams hovering above that are catchable like Real Valladolid who are on a bad run of 1 win in 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back