England women

Beside the point really. It’s not hard to get them a new pitch to play on

It isn’t beside the point. It’s perfectly on point. County squares get through a lot of work over a summer. Clearly the groundstaff will have had that pitch planned for a long time. Having 40 overs bowled on it a week ago is hardly going to turn it into a raging bunsen. In all likelihood it’ll be used again after this too, perhaps for another white ball game for Gloucestershire. That’s how it works.

It isn’t beside the point. It’s perfectly on point. County squares get through a lot of work over a summer. Clearly the groundstaff will have had that pitch planned for a long time. Having 40 overs bowled on it a week ago is hardly going to turn it into a raging bunsen. In all likelihood it’ll be used again after this too, perhaps for another white ball game for Gloucestershire. That’s how it works.
And the men wouldn’t put up with similar. It’s pretty poor

Whoops,no, not a test ground. It was a late addition to the calendar so perhaps the situation is understandable given that,as already mentioned,the groundsman would have already planned his pitch schedule.Certainly think economics overrides, unrealistic to think otherwise, which is why I'm anti the Hundred because £ millions have been invested when there's no real evidence that there's an appetite for it. But that topic has been exhausted.

You can’t compare the men and women, it’s like comparing apples with sailing boats.

A men’s Test would be the single most important game at any venue for any county in that season. Possibly in four seasons if it wasn’t a regular venue.

As I said earlier, this women’s game won’t make them any money at all.

37 overs, that’s what it’s had played on it. Little more than a session of cricket. So even if the game goes the distance it’ll still be two sessions ‘younger’ than a Day 5 Test pitch.

You can’t compare the men and women, it’s like comparing apples with sailing boats.

A men’s Test would be the single most important game at any venue for any county in that season. Possibly in four seasons if it wasn’t a regular venue.

As I said earlier, this women’s game won’t make them any money at all.

37 overs, that’s what it’s had played on it. Little more than a session of cricket. So even if the game goes the distance it’ll still be two sessions ‘younger’ than a Day 5 Test pitch.
You can’t compare them no. And you’ll never be able to compare them if one is treated as second class relatively.

But we can leave it. I’ve enjoyed what I’ve watched of the match so far

it wouldn't happen with the men's game. Schedules are prepared well in advance and tests raise £millions. The women's game is a parasite on the back of the men's game. By all means promote it but be realistic.
And you continue to enjoy the game,thought one of the Indian spinners had more to offer than any of the England men.

Last edited:
it wouldn't happen with the men's game. Schedules are prepared well in advance and tests raise £millions. The women's game is a parasite on the back of the men's game. By all means promote it but be realistic,
A parasite? f***ing hell. It’s asking for a new pitch, that’s it
Let’s be honest here, it’s not even close to being second class in terms of quality, or as a ‘brand’ so why should it be treated anywhere near the same as men’s cricket?
See above, it’s not asking a huge amount

are you denying that it's not self-financing? it's a parasite as is the county champ ionship.
I'm sure they'd have been given a new pitch had it not been a late addition to a schedule.

I’m a big fan of the on drive
Second to a cover drive for me. Kumars cover drive was even more beautiful than the lass presenting the Ukraine game on ITV
Let’s be honest here, it’s not even close to being second class in terms of quality, or as a ‘brand’ so why should it be treated anywhere near the same as men’s cricket?
Regardless of quality, it's still the most important match of the England women's teams summer.

I don't find swimming exciting or quality, but you wouldn't expect them to swim in a pool tainted by Coca-Cola.

Any Test match should have a pristine, new pitch. This is a Test match, thus it's poor.

@chunkylover53 is right, it sends out a message that the women's team is just an afterthought for the ECB.

Last edited:
Second to a cover drive for me. Kumars cover drive was even more beautiful than the lass presenting the Ukraine game on ITV

Regardless of quality, it's still the most important match of the England women's teams summer.

I don't find swimming exciting or quality, but you wouldn't expect them to swim in a pool tainted by Coca-Cola.

Any Test match should have a pristine, new pitch. This is a Test match, thus it's poor.

@chunkylover53 is right, it sends out a message that the women's team is just an afterthought for the ECB.
It is an afterthought in that it was arranged at short notice. Afaia England women have always been given an unused pitch so,back to my original question, what's all the fuss about?

Yes,normal fixtures were announced late Autumn,an, as you concur,afterthought. You also appear to be saying that an unused pitch shouldn't always be an entitlement
Anyway,you're fully entitled to feel indignant if you wish,just can't understand why.
Just watched a bit of the game,very impressed by the correctness of the Indian openers ; lovely weather but very few spectators.

Going round in circles. I’ve already explained what’s probably happened. But for all intents and purposes, it is a new pitch. One session of cricket, that’s all.

How many times have you seen a pool tainted by coca-cola?! :lol:

Now I’ll ask how many times you’ve seen a cricket game played on a used pitch?

37 overs man, that’s nowt. Fair enough if Gloucester just finished a Championship game on it.

Last edited:
Going round in circles. I’ve already explained what’s probably happened. But for all intents and purposes, it is a new pitch. One session of cricket, that’s all.

How many times have you seen a pool tainted by coca-cola?! :lol:

Now I’ll ask how many times you’ve seen a cricket game played on a used pitch?

37 overs man, that’s nowt. Fair enough if Gloucester just finished a Championship game on it.
Mate I'm from London, half our water is tainted by coke ;):D

Back